Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Chess Event Organisers - statement

Options
  • 04-09-2015 9:27am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was sent the attached by one of the co-signatories and asked to share it (there's a 50-post limit here on sharing attachments)

Speaks for itself I think!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

cdeb wrote: »
    I was sent the attached by one of the co-signatories and asked to share it (there's a 50-post limit here on sharing attachments)

Speaks for itself I think!

Wow.... All the top tournaments in Ireland... We mightn't have a chess union next year if Pat and Co are re-elected.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭Mustafa Chess

reunion wrote: »
    Wow.... All the top tournaments in Ireland... We mightn't have a chess union next year if Pat and Co are re-elected.

That would be called wishful thinking on your part I think.

This is just all comedy! It is so wrong and silly as to be laughable. Also don't accept that the names are all correct who have signed this.

In any event as is often the case with these things, things are not what they seem and what is going on here will be exposed later and people will see through the politics and stunts.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Also don't accept that the names are all correct who have signed this.
    For the record, this was sent to me by one of the signatories, who says all who are on it have approved it.

I trust the sender a lot in this a lot more than I trust a random internet person's suggestion that the document isn't approved by all who have signed.

cdeb wrote: »
    For the record, this was sent to me by one of the signatories, who says all who are on it have approved it.

I trust the sender a lot in this a lot more than I trust a random internet person's suggestion that the document isn't approved by all who have signed.
    And of course you are totally impartial and have no axe to grind here either.

It is a joke and will be shown to such.

It's a matter of fact that I know the guy who sent this to me and trust him far more than a random malcontent on the internet.

Impartiality doesn't come into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

And of course you are totally impartial and have no axe to grind here either.

It is a joke and will be shown to such.

Your impartiality isn't obvious either.

At least Cdeb stated he received this from one of the signatories. He in no way said it was 100% accurate.

If I was a tournament organiser this document is in line with what I would be giving the executive after the big middle finger the executive gave both members and tournament organisers this year.

Ballyfermot Congress
    Rathmines Congress
    St Benildus Congress

All on the way back?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭rob51

That would be called wishful thinking on your part I think.

This is just all comedy! It is so wrong and silly as to be laughable. Also don't accept that the names are all correct who have signed this.

In any event as is often the case with these things, things are not what they seem and what is going on here will be exposed later and people will see through the politics and stunts.
    Here we go again. It was all lies and will be exposed later ... YAWN YAWN.
    If you have something REAL to claim just do so and spare us all the LATER LATER promises which never actually come. Maybe, just maybe all these claims of future doom for the dissenters are ... <snip>?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭rob51

Ballyfermot Congress
    Rathmines Congress
    St Benildus Congress

All on the way back?

Yes you certainly have all the major tournaments there alright. And of course the fact that some other tournaments didn't sign the letter doesn't automatically mean they disagree with it.

Those three tournaments haven't been held in a decade at least.

You certainly have all the current major tournament organisers anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement