Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First PC Build Help Please ?

Options
  • 04-09-2015 7:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

So this is my first pc build and i seen this build online was going to buy these parts http ://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/V7Dfzy
    but then i got recommended this build instead http ://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/vVp4f7
    Basically i want a pc that will run games like Arma 2 and 3 , Gta V most modern games
    which build will run these games better and what kind of fps would i get ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

They're broadly similar though the i5-4460 is faster than the 4430 and most places they're the same price, or the 4430 is inexplicably more expensive.

The 4460 build also has a better motherboard, but that's up to you, you'll have to compare the features of both to gauge if its worth it for you. The cheaper motherboard is probably fine for you, but have a look.

The cheaper Barracuda 1TB drive in the 4460 build is also fine. You could also look at fitting in a basic SSD for the operating system with that 1TB drive, will make the machine way faster.

Also order everything from the same place. You'll end up spending more ordering from a load of difference places. Shipping from Mindfactory is very expensive, it's not €7.99 to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Collinsfella

Thanks for the reply , i sold my ps4 so would this pc play games like gta v better than the ps4 ?
    And i was looking on dabs.ie bit expensive but proble cost the same as ordering from abroad

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

They're both more powerful than the PS4. Dabs is quite expensive actually, handy, but it isn't cheap.

Is the budget maxed at €650?

Well no not maxed out id like to keep it around the 700 mark because i still need a monitor
    Thanks for the help im just worried that if i spend all that money and then cant run the games at a good enough setting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Well no not maxed out id like to keep it around the 700 mark because i still need a monitor
    Thanks for the help im just worried that if i spend all that money and then cant run the games at a good enough setting

List your parts here and prices.

• Advertisement

Okay so after some searching around ive decided to go with this build feel free to to change parts

Processor-Intel i5 4460 Quad Core or i5 4690k

Video Card- EVGA 2 GB GTX 960

Motherboard -Asus B85M-G R2.0

Memory - Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB Kit (4GBx2)

SSD - not going to use one for the moment

Hard Drive - Western Digital Blue 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 7200rpm

Power - EVGA 500W

Case - Was thinking a Corsair Carbide Series 100R but if you know a better one ?

As for prices im still trying to find a good website if anybody knows one but im guessing it may be slightly over 700

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Private Joker

that's broadly similar to a build i'm putting together . although i went for the 4 gig gtx 960, primarily because i wanted to use multiple monitors .

I got mine off dabs.ie although im reluctant to recommend them as i ordered everything that was in stock so i could get it quickly and now the website i telling me they're out of stock and awaiting delivery . although they're still showing in stock on their website.

I would go for an ssd straight out , its a huge upgrade on a mechanical drive and extra storage is an easy upgrade n the future

make sure you get your free copy of metal gear solid 5 with it too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Okay so after some searching around ive decided to go with this build feel free to to change parts

Processor-Intel i5 4460 Quad Core or i5 4690k

Video Card- EVGA 2 GB GTX 960

Motherboard -Asus B85M-G R2.0

Memory - Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB Kit (4GBx2)

SSD - not going to use one for the moment

Hard Drive - Western Digital Blue 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 7200rpm

Power - EVGA 500W

Case - Was thinking a Corsair Carbide Series 100R but if you know a better one ?

As for prices im still trying to find a good website if anybody knows one but im guessing it may be slightly over 700

Comes to about £515 sterling on amazon so just over €700, but this will change with additional 2% tax (for ireland, shipping and exchange rates. Gives you a ballpark figure.

Take jokers advice onboard. And use somewhere other than dabs.

Thanks man i checked amazon some things i can get free delivery but other items cant even be delivered to ireland so im still trying to decide if i should go with a irish website or abroad

• Advertisement

What kind of monitor would you recommed actually ? and i would love to just order from dabs because its all in euro etc but they are a rip off for some parts

Take jokers advice onboard. And use somewhere other than dabs.

Anywhere you would recommend ?

that's broadly similar to a build i'm putting together . although i went for the 4 gig gtx 960, primarily because i wanted to use multiple monitors .

I got mine off dabs.ie although im reluctant to recommend them as i ordered everything that was in stock so i could get it quickly and now the website i telling me they're out of stock and awaiting delivery . although they're still showing in stock on their website.

I would go for an ssd straight out , its a huge upgrade on a mechanical drive and extra storage is an easy upgrade n the future

make sure you get your free copy of metal gear solid 5 with it too

What kind of monitor are you buying actually ? and i would love to just order from dabs because its all in euro etc but they are a rip off for some parts

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Comes to about £515 sterling on amazon so just over €700, but this will change with additional 2% tax (for ireland, shipping and exchange rates. Gives you a ballpark figure.

Thanks man , i checked amazon some items are actually free delivery but others cant even be delivered to ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Private Joker

I am just gona get a cheap 24 inch 1080 monitor from argos or pc world. i don't like getting monitors through the post , they don't take drops too well . i don't mind paying a bit extra for it.

and it will be one of my upgrades after xmas

Anywhere you would recommend ?

Amazon is good because they don't hassle you if you need to return something. You don't have to use the UK one only. Use geizhals.de search your part and select amazon.De

I am just gona get a cheap 24 inch 1080 monitor from argos or pc world. i don't like getting monitors through the post , they don't take drops too well . i don't mind paying a bit extra for it.

and it will be one of my upgrades after xmas

Maybe even look on adverts could get one for 100. Alot of people upgrading to 1440p and such. But post here on pc build to get opinions if you use adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Run your parts through Scan.co.uk too just to check. I had a basket of stuff with computer universe and I checked it all with Scan and surprisingly they came out cheaper all in once delivery was included. I've used them before too, very good and quick delivery.

Amazon is good because they don't hassle you if you need to return something. You don't have to use the UK one only. Use geizhals.de search your part and select amazon.De

I checked the prices on amazon.de strangelly enough amazon uk works out cheaper because i get free delivery but from .de they want 32 euro to ship

superg wrote: »
    Run your parts through Scan.co.uk too just to check. I had a basket of stuff with computer universe and I checked it all with Scan and surprisingly they came out cheaper all in once delivery was included. I've used them before too, very good and quick delivery.

Thanks ill check that out now

• Advertisement
Advertisement