Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy asus zenfone 2

Options
  • 04-09-2015 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

hi i am fairly new to boards so i dunno if im doing this right but i would like to know if anyone knows where i can get an asus zenfone 2 WW version? i have found them on eglobal central but i dunno if this site is trustable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Dont terrible phone

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Smokey Diesel

Hootanany wrote: »
    Dont terrible phone

thanks for the reply! what phone would you recommend? i use my phone for everything so i need it to be fast and reliable, the zenfone 2 seemed like the best option with its 4gb ram. i dont have 500 to spend so at 250 euro it seemed like the best option

I think the Moto X is good I got the Note 4 but miss my One Plus why dont you try that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

hi i am fairly new to boards so i dunno if im doing this right but i would like to know if anyone knows where i can get an asus zenfone 2 WW version? i have found them on eglobal central but i dunno if this site is trustable?

How much is the zenfone 2?

The ultra 6 is €170

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I think the Moto X is good I got the Note 4 but miss my One Plus why dont you try that one.

im currently using a note 2 and its very good but can be a bit slow from time to time, i was looking for another phablet but i can sacrifice size for performance! thanks for the help

• Advertisement

How much is the zenfone 2?

The ultra 6 is €170

the zenfone 2 is going for 250 to 280 depending on where you get it but its very hard to find a WW version, all i seem to find is the CN version thats full of bloatware and has a chinese ram. thanks ill look into the ultra 6!

the moto x looks decent but the one plus seems like it could be my next phone haha any vhance you have a link to where i can get this phone? it is the one plus one isnt it?

Just go to there website the one is freely available the 2 you need an invite

Just go to there website the one is freely available the 2 you need an invite

no problem! thanks again for all the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cal_fi

Dont terrible phone

Care to elaborate a bit please? Looking at GSMarena and the specs, it doesn't look half bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SubatomicKiwi

Cal_fi wrote:
    Care to elaborate a bit please? Looking at GSMarena and the specs, it doesn't look half bad.

I've been using the phone since mid may. Had an initial issue with the vibration motor dying out of the box, Amazon sent a replacement the next day.

Apart from that I've had no issues, battery isn't great, fast charging balances that out. Everything else is a big upgrade over the M7 for me. Well worth the ~€250 it's going for now.

Very decent development community too CM/PA/SlimLP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭droidman123

Cal_fi wrote: »

I have mine about 6 months and its a great phone for the price. The camera is not the best in the world but its decent. The specs under the hood are amazing and i wouldnt put anyone off buying it.

Cal_fi wrote: »

Had one battery was muck sent it back and replacement was even worse. Very plastic and not as speedy as the OPO. Was really disappointed at the phone UI is terrible as well felt like I was holding a toy phone.but that's my 2 pence worth.

I have mine about 6 months and its a great phone for the price. The camera is not the best in the world but its decent. The specs under the hood are amazing and i wouldnt put anyone off buying it.

where did you buy yours from?

I've been using the phone since mid may. Had an initial issue with the vibration motor dying out of the box, Amazon sent a replacement the next day.

Apart from that I've had no issues, battery isn't great, fast charging balances that out. Everything else is a big upgrade over the M7 for me. Well worth the ~€250 it's going for now.

Very decent development community too CM/PA/SlimLP

is yours a WW version or a CN version? ive heard the ones off amazon are a bit dodgy and according to reviews they like to send the chinese version instead of the world wide one. i really wanted the zenfone but the one plus one isnt far off it spec wise and its only 50 euro more for a genuine model from the company that makes them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭droidman123

where did you buy yours from?

I got mine from amazon italy and its ww

i think im just gonna stick to getting the one plus one, ive emailed asus 4 times for information on the zenfone and havent heard anything back yet, its been 3 weeks since i emailed them. i emailed one plue one yesterday and got a reply today and they answered all my questions and from the reviews ive seen this phone should get me through the next year or 2! thank you all for your help:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Dont terrible phone

My feelings on this phone are the exact opposite and although I've only had it a couple of months I think it's living up to the (apparent) hype. For its affordability alone it's a serious device and could easily be regarded in the high-end echelons.

I just saw your most recent comment (as you didn't expand on it initially) but it seems you may have been a tad unfortunate with a bogus device. Although, twice, it's either very unlucky or I got a rare properly functioning one!

My battery life is very good (having had other flagships like the Note 4 and Lumia 1520) but I did root it and cleared it of all the bloat.

The camera could be better but still better than average. If you can find the right apps to convey this it makes a marginal improvement.

It's very slick and can manage everything I've thrown at it. I like a lot of the features in it (double-tap) and it's aesthetic (I personally like no side keys and love the volume buttons on the back)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭eoinp11

My feelings on this phone are the exact opposite and although I've only had it a couple of months I think it's living up to the (apparent) hype.

My battery life is very good (having had other flagships like the Note 4 and Lumia 1520) but I did root it and cleared it of all the bloat.

The camera could be better but still better than average. If you can find the right apps to convey this it makes a marginal improvement.

It's very slick and can manage everything I've thrown at it. I like a lot of the features in it (double-tap) and it's aesthetic (I personally like no side keys and love the volume buttons on the back)

Can i ask where you got your with such success? (I assume it is the WW version, with no 3g/4g issues in Ireland?)

Is it still holding up as a great phone since you last posted?

Any recommendations as i am planning to buy zenfone 2 ( Selfie ZD551KL for the nice front facing camera, or ZE551ML for the NFC)

I'm struggling with where is best to buy from, and which to choose between
    - xiaoimni mi4c, Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro, (maybe the oneplus range)

eoinp11 wrote: »
    Can i ask where you got your with such success? (I assume it is the WW version, with no 3g/4g issues in Ireland?)

Is it still holding up as a great phone since you last posted?

Any recommendations as i am planning to buy zenfone 2 ( Selfie ZD551KL for the nice front facing camera, or ZE551ML for the NFC)

I'm struggling with where is best to buy from, and which to choose between
    - xiaoimni mi4c, Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro, (maybe the oneplus range)

I purchased mine, brand new/boxed, from a UK seller on eBay.

I have since sold the phone a number of months ago. Not for reasons of any persistent difficulties or problems with the handset though.

When I was selling it on the battery life hadn't degraded at all from what I could tell (5/6 months of use). Seamless connectivity to 4G. WiFi, NFC etc worked as it should.

The only thing I might have had a concern with was, from time to time it restarted itself. I'd imagine there could have been plenty of reasons for this, in a general sense (SD card issues, root issues). It's hard to pinpoint these things, but overall I was impressed with it (as much as you can be for the price) until I sold it.

Some may not be impressed with the Asus UI or have gripes about their support/updates but as a mid to high range phone it's more than capable and compares well to what's on offer atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭eoinp11

I purchased mine, brand new/boxed, from a UK seller on eBay.

I have since sold the phone a number of months ago. Not for reasons of any persistent difficulties or problems with the handset though.

When I was selling it on the battery life hadn't degraded at all from what I could tell (5/6 months of use). Seamless connectivity to 4G. WiFi, NFC etc worked as it should.

The only thing I might have had a concern with was, from time to time it restarted itself. I'd imagine there could have been plenty of reasons for this, in a general sense (SD card issues, root issues). It's hard to pinpoint these things, but overall I was impressed with it (as much as you can be for the price) until I sold it.

Some may not be impressed with the Asus UI or have gripes about their support/updates but as a mid to high range phone it's more than capable and compares well to what's on offer atm.

Ah! nice one... i was almost hoping you would salte it though... i', having a tough time choosing between:

LG G3 D858 32GB Dual Sim 4G (€263) vs the Zenfone 2 ZE551ML 4G Dual Sim 64GB (€275)

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/asus-zenfone-2-ze551ml-4g-dual-sim-64gb-sim-free-unlocked-gold.html#feature

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/lg-g3-d858-32gb-dual-sim-4g-lte-sim-free-unlocked-black.html#specifications

So close but they each have their own ups and downs!

eoinp11 wrote: »
    Ah! nice one... i was almost hoping you would salte it though... i', having a tough time choosing between:

LG G3 D858 32GB Dual Sim 4G (€263) vs the Zenfone 2 ZE551ML 4G Dual Sim 64GB (€275)

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/asus-zenfone-2-ze551ml-4g-dual-sim-64gb-sim-free-unlocked-gold.html#feature

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/lg-g3-d858-32gb-dual-sim-4g-lte-sim-free-unlocked-black.html#specifications

So close but they each have their own ups and downs!

This is true. If I was to choose, without any particulars such as price difference etc I'd probably go with the more known quantity, the LGG3, plus the zenfone did model itself on it in terms of build. I'd imagine if the price of the LG wasn't so steep when I was comparing the two of them I probably would have went for that.

Advertisement