Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile home

Options
  • 03-09-2015 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone could help. I would like to buy a mobile home to live in. I recently split with my wife and I can't afford to buy any house. I taught besides paying rent on a house that would never be mine. Is it possible to buy a mobile home but pay weekly on it. I can't get a loan from banks or credit unions. I can afford the rent no problem. Is there such a way of buying a mobile home or am I just dreaming. I'm in the Wexford region.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,270 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Have you sime place to put it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Don't know if it's as simple as that. In the mobile home parks you pay 3-4k a year to have the mobile there and on top of that you have to buy the mobile. Some of them you can't allow the mobile to go over 10years without replacing.

Have you somewhere to put it? Planning permission will also be an issue if you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,270 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Rackstar wrote: »
    Don't know if it's as simple as that. In the mobile home parks you pay 3-4k a year to have the mobile there and on top of that you have to buy the mobile. Some of them you can't allow the mobile to go over 10years without replacing.

Have you somewhere to put it? Planning permission will also be an issue if you have.

The parks aren't open over winter, that's why I asked if he had somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Mikeyshragh

I would have a place to put it alrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Mikeyshragh

There is a lot too a mobile home. A lot more then I taught!!! But is there places that would let u pay off weekly on a mobile home or do u have to buy them outright?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

I lived moved into a mobile home years ago in the winter and it was warm enough with electric heaters running during the day but turned off for the night it was freezing.When I got up in the morning there was ice on the INSIDE of the window glass, put in a solid fuel plus radiator system and after that it was like a sauna...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

ted1 wrote: »
    The parks aren't open over winter, that's why I asked if he had somewhere

Sorry, clicked into the thread and didn't read it for a few minutes. I think you must have posted in the mean time, then after posting I only saw your post.

Advertisement