Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

08 Avensis vs 08 Mondeo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ben button

The mondeo would be my bet. The avensis would be troublesome. I know this as I owned one for 350,000 klm , diesel.

The mondeo mk4 powershift automatic can be a little juddery or shunting or jumpy at times. When I investigated this with Ford they had no idea how to fix it. Their computer showed no faults whatsoever, but yet the problem was there.

I do however know how to fix this.....Press your foot on the brake pedal and accelerate while keeping the brake pedal pressed. Bring the revs up to 2 / 3 two or three times. This will clear any faults on your powershift box and bring your gearbox back to lovely and smooth.

Hope this was of help.

Bengy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Why don't you look at the 2.0 Mondeo ? I know you said in your other thread that the 1.8 suits you due to having no dpf but if you drive it probably it should hopefully give you no trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hurlsey

ben button wrote: »
    The mondeo would be my bet. The avensis would be troublesome. I know this as I owned one for 350,000 klm , diesel.

The mondeo mk4 powershift automatic can be a little juddery or shunting or jumpy at times. When I investigated this with Ford they had no idea how to fix it. Their computer showed no faults whatsoever, but yet the problem was there.

I do however know how to fix this.....Press your foot on the brake pedal and accelerate while keeping the brake pedal pressed. Bring the revs up to 2 / 3 two or three times. This will clear any faults on your powershift box and bring your gearbox back to lovely and smooth.

Hope this was of help.

Bengy

The 2 cars I listed were manual??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

ben button wrote: »

What trouble did the Avensis give during the 350,000km that you wouldn't have also experienced with a Mondeo?

I would say it is virtually certain that the Toyota will cost a bit less to maintain than the Ford, given like for like standard of cars.

OP, if I were you I would go have a look at a few examples of each car, test drive them and buy whichever you prefer. They are both decent cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ben button

I have since got rid of the ford and will never buy another one. I think that about sums it up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement