Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for photogrpahy website template please

Options
  • 03-09-2015 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a photography website but want to revamp it with an aim to selling photos (going to focus more on abstract photos)
    I'd like it to be easier for people who are looking at a photo in the gallery/blog to click and link to the 'buy prints page' without being too much 'in your face' and like a shop site. Currently I use a Wordpress theme and Fine Art America for the e-commerce side. I'm thinking of using Woo Commerce or similar (as final photo cost will be cheaper, with Fine Art America you can't edit the buy prints page much or show 'related products' when viewing 1 image).

Anyway my main question is can anyone recommend any good fully responsive Wordpress themes that'd have a great UX but by easy to navigate. Most I've see at Themeforest or ones here ('best ecommerce sites list) are either fullscreen or the 'standard' large image on top with a few sections underneath (for about, contact, etc.). None seem that original and I'm thinking a site should be memorable and make people go wow!

Or is it that the 'standard' layout is so common as it works well; image on top, 2 or 3 sections below that can provide an overview and a call to action?

Cheers,
    Patrick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 niall19922

Hi not being bad but it's your own website really?
    U-Design is a good theme

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

niall19922 wrote: »
    Hi not being bad but it's your own website really?
    U-Design is a good theme
    I don't get you? It's my website yes, I'm not saying I created the template for it though and never meant that. I'm using Vernissage theme and have tweeked it slightly

Advertisement