Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EUR 300 Upgrade

• 02-09-2015 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

So I have 300 to use toward upgrading my pc.

OS- Windows 8 Pro 64-bit.
    CPU- Intel Pentium G860 @ 3.00GHz
    Ram- 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz
    Mobo- ASRock B75 Pro3-M (CPUSocket)
    GPU- 1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
    PSU- Corsair 430w
    Case- Bitfenix Prodigy
    500GB HDD

I would like to use the 300 more toward a CPU and GPU. I would be mainly doing some video/audio editing and some light gaming. Any recommendations?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Grab a second hand i5, i7 or Xeon that will work with your board. Sandybridge or Ivybridge. List here

You should be able to get an i7 2600 or Xeon 1230v2 for under 150 on ebay or one of the i5's for even less.

For the graphics you could grab a second hand 7970/R9 280x or gtx 680 for around 150 as well. I'm pretty that PSU only has 1 x 8/6 pin gpu connection though so take that into account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Is it good?

9bred4 wrote: »
    Is it good?

Not a bad processor at all. An xeon or cheaper I 7 as suggested would be more ideal for what you're doing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

For €100 though it's good, not really any difference between it and a newer i5 like the 4440. Worth the money if you already have a board.

Graphics wise if its only light gaming then a 2GB GTX750ti would suffice and won't cost more than about €130.

You should get €50 for your old card (not sure if its a 7750 or 7770, if its the latter you might get €60).

Only accepts bank transfer so not going to go with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Well he's been on adverts 10 years with 87 feedback so I doubt he was going to pull a fast one over €100. You can always ask for registered postage as well if you're inclined to think the worst.

He's blacklisted me since. I asked him to use Paypal and he just blocked me and left negative feedback. DÍck

9bred4 wrote: »
    He's blacklisted me since. I asked him to use Paypal and he just blocked me and left negative feedback. DÍck

That was a bit ott reaction. Really is an easy mistake to make. Not cool.

Id get In touch with Eddie on forums here and ask for that to be removed.

• Advertisement

Might give that a whirl. Thanks!

Advertisement