Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to have 30th birthday?

Options
  • 02-09-2015 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

I am organising a 30th birthday & am trying to figure out where to celebrate it in the city? ideally somewhere where we can personalise the area with photos and balloons. (not the house hotel - too girly!! its a males bday!)
    It will mostly be family attending mostly all adults...maybe about 10 people in total.. as it is a big bday we would love somewhere special with a nice variety of food (possibility of arranging a set menu) and then move on somewhere good for drinks... It will be on a Friday.
    Any suggestions.?:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

The Dail.
    Had a great night there for a small 40th a while back.
    We had the far corner on the ground floor sectioned off for ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Been to a couple in Massimo's, area down the back left and/or right can be reserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Mass is good but you'd need a larger crowd to fill the room in the back. Dail is good for around 10.
    Not sure about balloons etc, ring and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I been to a lot of celebrations at the dogs, including my wife's 40th. Get the dinner and the tote comes to you. Adds a bit of fun and focus to the evening. Crap disco afterwards but if you're doing it right you won't care and have a great time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

I hired deBurgos for my 30th, it was great and we had the whole place to ourselves. Cool cellar vibe and loads of space. Owner will organise finger food too if requested.

We had a karaoke DJ that was brill fun and you definitely need a private place for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

Thanks so much for all the suggestions!! Keep them coming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

If it's for a small amount of people I would suggest the upstairs area of Busker Browns. It is used as an area for birthday parties and is very popular as you will have your own private area.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

The Spanish Arch hotel has a nice alcove area inside the front door with private bar, booked it for OH's 30th and everyone had a great time. They did finger food for us but might put on a more varied menu if you ask for it. Only problem is once the band starts you're right beside them so it's kinda loud, but you can also reserve an area up the back that will be less noisy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

I went to a 30th upstairs in the Dew Drop (Myles/Annie Lee, back in the day!) The room upstairs was reserved - there were about 25-30 people there. We had finger food and music- great night!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Bite Club , Buddha Bar are two of my favorites for birthdays...Thai Garden too.
    Food and booze :D

Advertisement