Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you thought housing was unaffordable here, take a look across the Irish Sea

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

mhtc wrote: »
    Can you afford to live in England or Wales? Interactive map from the Guardian
    http://www.theguardian.com/society/ng-interactive/2015/sep/02/unaffordable-country-where-can-you-afford-to-buy-a-house

Would be interesting to see something similar for Ireland

Basically almost all of dublin and some parts of north wicklow, north kildare and east meath unaffordable , then unaffordable spots near cork, limerick and galway city limits.

the rest would all be pretty affordable.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,271 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

"Huge built up areas in high property price " shocker.

Simple supply and demand. Loads of people want to live in the likes of London, Dublin etc hence prices are high.

Plenty of rock bottom prices up here in donegal though, wonder why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

NIMAN wrote: »
    "Huge built up areas in high property price " shocker.

Do you think that's an argument? London used to be cheap. Dublin was cheap(ish) before the recent boom.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,271 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Capital cities will always be more expensive to buy property in than other parts.

When you say London and Dublin used to be cheap, when are you talking about? I've been hearing how expensive London is for all of my adult life.

And Dublin may have been cheaper in the past, but I'm sure it was still more expensive than the rest of the country.

Advertisement