Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

amazon fire stick - samsung compatibility issues?

Options
  • 02-09-2015 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

hi all,
    just purchased an amazon firestick and im having an issue getting it to connect to my TV. I connect through the HDMI port on the TV and also have the firestick powered through its plug into the mains. The message i get is 'no signal' when i choose the specific HDMI port. these ports are working fine with other devices and when I use the firestick on a different tv if shows the firestick logo and im ready to go. The TV in the main room is a samsung LE37R88BD and im wondering is the firestick not compatible with the TV? If anyone has a solution to this it would be very much appreciated, as I dont want to fork out on a new TV
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Try disabling HDMI-CEC or Anynet+ on the Samsung and see if that makes any difference. It is nested somewhere in the settings near the bottom of the menu options on my Samsung. (Though my telly is ~6 years old so the menu may be different in newer models).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

thank you, that has sorted it. Any recommendations on what to install on it? Kodi is up and running

Advertisement