Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window Closed - All Fit - Starting XI.

Options
  • 02-09-2015 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

Ok, As per title....

Lets see how many different formations and players we use in our next match...

Predict or wish your strongest XI.

Lloris

Trippier - Toby - Jan - Rose.

Dier - Eriksen

Son - Dembele -Chadli

Kane.

Bench.

N'jie
    Bentaleb
    Alli
    Walker
    Wimmer
    Pritchard

*subject to change after a torrent of abuse.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Ok, As per title....

Lloris

Dier - Eriksen

Son - Dembele -Chadli

Kane.

Bench.

N'jie
    Bentaleb
    Alli
    Walker
    Wimmer
    Pritchard

Team that Poch will play :D

Hugo
    Walker
    Jan
    Toby
    Rose
    Dier
    Mason
    Chadli
    Eriksen
    Dembele
    Kane

Subs
    Bentaleb
    Son
    Clinton
    Davies
    Alli
    Vorm
    Back up Striker (oh **** no wait)

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

i think Mason will be used as a Number 10 like he was against Everton....PLus it worked a treat, apart from not scoring his 2 chances.
    The holding midfielders will be Dier and Bentaleb.
    I would prefer Dier and Eriksen...
    Dier win the ball , give it to Christy....and off we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Ok, As per title....

Lloris

Dier - Eriksen

Son - Dembele -Chadli

Kane.

Bench.

Vorm
    N'jie
    Bentaleb
    Alli
    Walker
    Wimmer
    Pritchard

One addition.

I'd probably agree although I think I'd actually sit Eriksen in front of Dier. Deep Lying Playmaker with Dembele an advanced playmaker. Died being the BWM.

I think, that Alli would swap with Dembele and our formation would change to a box to box midfielder along with Eriksen remaining a DPL. Then Mason being the only real direct swap with Dembele...

Also fin-a-****ing-ly... We are talking about formations and tactics. Please don't tarnish this thread with pro or anti levy bull****. There's enough going on that this sub-forum might aswell be the ENIC sub-forum... Give us one thread where we can escape into.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Don't think the double pivot suits our players. This could be the downfall. Poch seems very rigid to his system. You need to build the system round the players not the other way round i think. 4-3-3

Lloris
    Trippier Toby Jan rose
    Dier
    Alli dembele
    Son Clinton
    Kane

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Home

Lloris
    --Wimmer--Jan--Toby
    Trippier
    Rose
    ---Son--Dembele--Chadli--
    Eriksen

Kane

Away

Lloris
    Tripp--Verts--Toby--Rose
    Dier---Dembele---
    Son
    Eriksen---Chadli
    Kane

Subs
    Vorm
    Walker
    Wimmer
    Mason/Bentaleb
    Lamella
    Alli
    Njie

This is probably why i'm useless at Football Manager though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mullaj00

Kiith wrote: »
    Home

Lloris
    --Wimmer--Jan--Toby
    Trippier
    Rose
    Dier
    Eriksen

Kane

Away

Lloris
    Tripp--Verts--Toby--Rose
    Dier---Dembele---
    Son
    Eriksen---Chadli
    Kane

Subs
    Vorm
    Walker
    Wimmer
    Mason/Bentaleb
    Lamella
    Alli
    Njie

Are you allowed play an extra man when you are at home??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I can't believe so many people are advocating Eriksen in deep midfield. He would be almost literally overrun. He would be lying on the ground while gleeful opposition walk over him and through to score.

Thankfully Poch has way more sense than any of you and it will never happen.

Lloris

Dier - Alli

Son - Eriksen -Chadli

Kane.

Close call between Alli or Mason, maybe we can alternate these a bit, play Alli at home and Mason away.

Close call between Chadli and Clinton. Again, they can be alternated.

I wasn't sure which of our strikers to play up top, but on balance I went for Kane.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

mullaj00 wrote: »
    Are you allowed play an extra man when you are at home??? :D

See, told i was crap at this :P
    Ormus wrote: »
    I can't believe so many people are advocating Eriksen in deep midfield.

I'd agree with that. His best position by far is behind the strikers.

I can't believe so many people are advocating Eriksen in deep midfield. He would be almost literally overrun. He would be lying on the ground while gleeful opposition walk over him and through to score.

Thankfully Poch has way more sense than any of you and it will never happen.

Lloris

Dier - Alli

Son - Eriksen -Chadli

Kane.

Close call between Alli or Mason, maybe we can alternate these a bit, play Alli at home and Mason away.

Close call between Chadli and Clinton. Again, they can be alternated.

I wasn't sure which of our strikers to play up top, but on balance I went for Kane.

He played there with Denmark and Ajax. Its a playmaker role, not sit back and watch the game go by! That's also why you sit a ball winning midfielder in beside him.

Just thinking about it more. Eriksen is the sort of guy who needs to be part of all phases of play. I think a big problem of his is that if he's played too far up the pitch and instructed to not go back he can tend to get lost. He is definitely similar to VDV and even Robbie Keane used to come deep to gather the ball and create an attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Kiith wrote: »
    Home

Lloris
    --Wimmer--Jan--Toby
    Trippier
    Rose
    Eriksen

Kane

Away

Lloris
    Tripp--Verts--Toby--Rose
    Dier---Dembele---
    Son
    Eriksen---Chadli
    Kane

Subs
    Vorm
    Walker
    Wimmer
    Mason/Bentaleb
    Lamella
    Alli
    Njie

Pooch out ... Kiith in!

• Advertisement

irishmover wrote: »
    He played there with Denmark and Ajax. Its a playmaker role, not sit back and watch the game go by! That's also why you sit a ball winning midfielder in beside him.

Just thinking about it more. Eriksen is the sort of guy who needs to be part of all phases of play. I think a big problem of his is that if he's played too far up the pitch and instructed to not go back he can tend to get lost. He is definitely similar to VDV and even Robbie Keane used to come deep to gather the ball and create an attack.

Not saying it didn't happen but I'm certain that I never saw him play that deep for Denmark or Ajax, and he never has yet for Spurs.

VDV or Keane never played that deep for Spurs.

Anyway, it's just my opinion that he doesn't have the physicality to play there. I think he'd be standing aside and ushering the opposition through.

Not saying it didn't happen but I'm certain that I never saw him play that deep for Denmark or Ajax, and he never has yet for Spurs.

VDV or Keane never played that deep for Spurs.

Anyway, it's just my opinion that he doesn't have the physicality to play there. I think he'd be standing aside and ushering the opposition through.

VDV dropped back to the back four almost every game he played for us. He would go deep and grab the ball from the backline. Start a phase of play from him. You don't remember that? Keane would go back to our side of the semi circle quite often to get the ball.

I'm not saying Eriksen should be a defensive midfielder that is not what a deep lying playmaker does. He creates the play usually the deepest of the attackers with some guy who wins possession beside him and pass it off to him. An anchor or a quarterback whatever you want to call it.

The reason why people every game are getting pissed with Eriksen and saying he's not cut out for the PL is because I think he's being played too far forward and the game is just passing him by. He should be the main man leading our attack not waiting for someone else to pass it off to him just outside the box.

Edit: Keane never dropped quite as deep as VDV.

In saying all this though maybe Eriksen and Dembele's role are better reversed. Eriksen sitting behind Kane and dropping deep when he needs to.

Look who starts all Man Utds attacks....Carrick, and he takes it off the defenders... Thats what Christy should be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Basically the team that Beat Arsenal + Toby and Son

Lloris
    Walker Verts Toby Rose
    Bentaleb Mason
    Son Eriksen Chadli
    Kane

Its by far the dullest Spurs squad I can ever remember but those wins against Arsenal and Chelsea last season gives me some hope for the future.

irishmover wrote: »
    VDV dropped back to the back four almost every game he played for us. He would go deep and grab the ball from the backline. Start a phase of play from him. You don't remember that? Keane would go back to our side of the semi circle quite often to get the ball.

I'm not saying Eriksen should be a defensive midfielder that is not what a deep lying playmaker does. He creates the play usually the deepest of the attackers with some guy who wins possession beside him and pass it off to him. An anchor or a quarterback whatever you want to call it.

The reason why people every game are getting pissed with Eriksen and saying he's not cut out for the PL is because I think he's being played too far forward and the game is just passing him by. He should be the main man leading our attack not waiting for someone else to pass it off to him just outside the box.

Edit: Keane never dropped quite as deep as VDV.

Agreed, but dropping back occasionally is very different to that being your position. If Eriksen is one of the 2 deep midfielders, then there is a space which is designated for him to cover. If he goes on a wander or if he gets targeted by the opposition because he isn't strong enough, that's when very soft goals are conceded.

The likes of Mason and Modric were originally more attacking players and made a successful switch to a deeper role, but I just don't see Eriksen having the kind of tenacity required for that position. I'd like to be proven wrong. His creativity from deep would be a huge asset if he could survive there.

Basically the team that Beat Arsenal + Toby and Son

Lloris
    Walker Verts Toby Rose
    Bentaleb Mason
    Son Eriksen Chadli
    Kane

Its by far the dullest Spurs squad I can ever remember but those wins against Arsenal and Chelsea last season gives me some hope for the future.
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Some changes nowadays....

Lloris

Walker - Toby - Jan - Rose.

Dier - Dembele

Lamela - Alli - Eriksen

Kane.

I have a sneaky feeling Clinton will bag us 3 points somewhere along the way !!!!!
    ;)

Advertisement