Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyobe see these? looking for feedback

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

I have been tempted so many times to buy one of these. They look flipping huge though. 46mm wide, which at a stretch I might be able to pull off but they are also just over 15mm thick so all in its a chunky piece in your wrist. They do look great and I still don't have a watch with a GMT function so I still may bite the bullet in the future and chance it.

There are a load of threads on the watch forums about this watch. It's worth reading some and getting a feel for it.

Here is one from TZ-UK. http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?313853-Seiko-SUN021-GMT-shrouded-diver

I have been tempted so many times to buy one of these. They look flipping huge though. 46mm wide, which at a stretch I might be able to pull off but they are also just over 15mm thick so all in its a chunky piece in your wrist. They do look great and I still don't have a watch with a GMT function so I still may bite the bullet in the future and chance it.

There are a load of threads on the watch forums about this watch. It's worth reading some and getting a feel for it.

Here is one from TZ-UK. http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?313853-Seiko-SUN021-GMT-shrouded-diver

brilliant stuff, I appreciate this. I have this on hold for viewing in town on Saturday. the size will decide really. In some pics it looks good but on some youtube vids, quite chunky.

just in case anyone was wondering,, im buying this ok.

echo echo echo echo.. helloooooooooooooooooo!!

if you'd like feedback, I'll let you know at the months end when i'll av it!
    not big at all as I thought on the wrist.

rusty cole wrote: »
    just in case anyone was wondering,, im buying this ok.

echo echo echo echo.. helloooooooooooooooooo!!

if you'd like feedback, I'll let you know at the months end when i'll av it!
    not big at all as I thought on the wrist.

Great. Where did you get to try this on ? I still have to see what it looks/feels like on my wrist.

Great. Where did you get to try this on ? I still have to see what it looks/feels like on my wrist.

I was in weir and sons bottom floor dundrum yesterday, they have it in the window, looks great and feels great. I like divers watches and so am used to them. Im sure it's in other places in town if you look.

They want 695 for it. I can get it to my sister in law overnight in Florida via amazon next day delivery. She'll stick a bday card on ot and I'll have it in a week no charges. It will come in under the 500 mark easily!

huge savings. My mates in work do this too. 695 is huge compared to the asking price in the UK even.

• Advertisement

Looks like a spin to Dundrum is in my future. Thanks Rusty cole.

We also want pics of it when it arrives :)

yeah no worries at all. I think it looks lovely. watch this space! :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

rusty cole wrote: »
    I was in weir and sons bottom floor dundrum yesterday, they have it in the window, looks great and feels great. I like divers watches and so am used to them. Im sure it's in other places in town if you look.

They want 695 for it. I can get it to my sister in law overnight in Florida via amazon next day delivery. She'll stick a bday card on ot and I'll have it in a week no charges. It will come in under the 500 mark easily!

huge savings. My mates in work do this too. 695 is huge compared to the asking price in the UK even.

Any difference in the warranty? Best of luck with your new watch.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Any difference in the warranty? Best of luck with your new watch.

no, it depends. If you buy with store guarantee yes. I've made sure mine stipulates Factory guarantee only.

I got this 10 years ago on amazon. They wanted over 500 for it in Dublin.
    I had ot from the states under 300!! better dollar exchange back then but came in same box all the bells and whistles too. still going over ten years, great watch.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=citizen+eco+drive+divers&biw=1440&bih=782&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIv5vaje72xwIVtCnbCh1YMgH4#tbm=isch&q=citizen+eco+drive+aqauland+rubber+strap&imgrc=TKYoLNXtb3ffEM%3A

• Advertisement

Morning Lads,

so after a series of mess ups with revenue etc, I eventually only saved myself
    10% off the RRP €695.00

Got this yesterday (pics later today) and it's a smashing watch. I just have to get the bracelet reduced in my local jewellers.
    it's not near as bulky as I thought, lovely looking watch and fits on the wrist great. If you can get a look at one, see what you think. I'll get some good pics later which show the wrist V size comparison. I tried a few Oris watches and they seemed huge, I feared this to be the same, not one bit though.
    I wear a G shock in work and the gym and have had citizen aqualand watches etc, so maybe the oul wrist is used to it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

What movement does it have rusty? I've a kinetic diver, bought it used, let us know how long you have to wear it to get it up to full charge.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

yes it's a kinetic alright, mechanical kinetic they call it. I believe only a few swings (arcs via your arm whilst walking) charges it for 6 months.
    currently digesting the thesis that came with!:)

see attached for photos.

364286.jpg

364287.jpg

Advertisement