Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massive money saving tip!

Options
  • 02-09-2015 7:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Well I converted to cloth nappies (no not the old fashioned terries and pins) and saved a fortune! My bin charges are about 70% less than before (not to mention I don't have to constantly buy disposable nappies.

For anyone with young children in nappies, check out cloth nappies! The modern ones are really cool and easy to use. I wish I had known about them sooner.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

No thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Yes, we use cloth during the day since our creche started supporting them. All good. We started off with a loan from http://www.clothnappylibrary.ie/ to see if it would suit us. I was expecting the horrible white things with safety pins that I remember from my childhood, but they are actually awesome now.

We don't pay by weight anyway, so no saving really on bins for us. Just the cost of the nappies, and the planet? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Yay another cloth nappy convert! I'm in the midst of teaching the nursery how to use them! I hope they do ok, as even though pampers is including in the fees I'd rather not use them. They'd use about 4 a day on him I'd say.

I hope you are on all the facebook pages! It's a great community. Irish cloth essentials do showcase weeks where companies do raffles and giveaways to promote their businesses.

Advertisement