Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much money have you put into AW

Options
  • 02-09-2015 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭

Just wondering because tonite I bought my first advanced supply drop. I was sick of all these peeps having the blunderbuss etc etc and then I found out they are introducing the M16 & AK47 and another plasma shotgun thing as another supply drop.... Which you have to buy....

This got me wondering how much have you dropped with this game.

Me, I reckon about 110e because I bought a digital copy( xbone) and got the season pass, extra loadout slots and tonight 10e of supply drops.

Now I have played this game a lot and I think its s good game and I suppose I got a years entertainment out of it, but I do think they are more starting to take the piss a bit with the micro trans.

What do ya think

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Just wondering because tonite I bought my first advanced supply drop. I was sick of all these peeps having the blunderbuss etc etc and then I found out they are introducing the M16 & AK47 and another plasma shotgun thing as another supply drop.... Which you have to buy....

This got me wondering how much have you dropped with this game.

Me, I reckon about 110e because I bought a digital copy( xbone) and got the season pass, extra loadout slots and tonight 10e of supply drops.

Now I have played this game a lot and I think its s good game and I suppose I got a years entertainment out of it, but I do think they are more starting to take the piss a bit with the micro trans.

What do ya think

I haven't put any money into this one and it's the first COD game where I haven't bought extra bits like map packs etc. Buying weapons to me was always a no no. If they can't make it fair with the basic game then they can f**k off.

Mind you, I'be reserved my decision regarding even buying the next COD...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Bought the game and that was it, all the new weapons you can get in normal supply drops, no need to purchase the advanced ones. It was a stroke of genius by sledgehammer though, say they've made a small fortune just from people buying asd's alone

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Micro Transactions are going to be the death of COD as we know it, I only have the base game and thats all I want, when Black Ops 3 comes out I will get that + the season pass. If they charge any extra for anything in the Zombies mode then I wont be buying a COD again.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Seridisand

About three fiddy...literally bought for about 44, traded in for 40

• Registered Users Posts: 12,467 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

About €200!
    Now hear me out, I thought I was being clever and saving myself some cash by buying on the U.S. PSN store last November so bought the Digital hardened edition for $99. First major problem was that I couldn't play it at midnight here in Ireland as it was tied to US time. But hey it worked fine the next morning and could play on my Irish account. Also map packs downloaded fine as did the bonus weapons like the AE4 but I ran into issues with the camos, I liked one of the camos and bought it on the U.S. Store and it worked fine on my US account but it didn't on my main Irish PSN account so I purchased same camo on the Irish store and it told me I hadn't the game. So that was another 8 euros wasted. Anyway they released a special gold exo and camo for Cod Championships and I knew the advanced supply drops were coming so I re-bought a physical copy of AW for around €35 and I also bought the season pass for €50. I did buy the COD champ camo and I dropped another 20 on the Advanced Supply drops I did get some nice weapons out of it but that was the one and only time I bought them.
    Also please be aware that I play the game every day and clocked up around 17 days playing it and I'm currently prestige 28 and grinding my way to 30, so it would be an understatement to say I didn't get value out of COD AW!

Anyway won't be making the same mistake again on Blops 3, I have the Digital Hardened edition ordered for €99 and I don't think they are doing advanced supply drops but hey they might sell some nice camos 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I think buying camos that are only aesthetic and for show and map packs are ok. But having to buy guns that effect the game balance is not right. It gives an unfair advantage to some people.

Bloody blunderbuss:(

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 12,467 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    I think buying camos that are only aesthetic and for show and map packs are ok. But having to buy guns that effect the game balance is not right. It gives an unfair advantage to some people.

Bloody blunderbuss:(

I got the Blunderbuss in a standard care package an Elite version with a Dragon head on it, tbh its not that great with the reload speed, it's good craic in a private FFA with a few friends though!

Advertisement