Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

raspberry pi 2 best overclock settings

Options
  • 01-09-2015 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hey lads got my self a raspberry pi 2 to run openelec (kodi) i was wondering what is yhe best stable overclock to make kodi quicker,
    Anyone got a sweet spot yhat works well?

Thanks for looking!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

No need to overclock - have 2 Pi2 boxes running openelec without issue. Only change was to put gpu_mem=320

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

No need to overclock - have 2 Pi2 boxes running openelec without issue. Only change was to put gpu_mem=320

I must check mine ..... what file is used for this setting?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

CONFIG.TXT

good info here

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

CONFIG.TXT

good info here

Eventually found it /flash/config.txt in Openelec :)

I seem to have the following settings
    # Memory (System/GPU configuration )
    ################################################################################

# default GPU memory split (do not change if you do not know what you are doing)
      gpu_mem=128

# SDRAM size based GPU memory split, uncomment and setup to override 'gpu_mem'
      gpu_mem_256=112
      gpu_mem_512=160
      gpu_mem_1024=256

################################################################################

It seems the gpu_mem is being overridden by the later entries.

Advertisement