Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Etihad

• 01-09-2015 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭

Flying out to Sydney in a few weeks from Dublin, business to Abu Dhabi on EY42 then onward on EY454, in first any one have any experience on either really looking to see if anyone has flow the First Apartments any advice on what to look out for.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Flying out to Sydney in a few weeks from Dublin, business to Abu Dhabi on EY42 then onward on EY454, in first any one have any experience on either really looking to see if anyone has flow the First Apartments any advice on what to look out for.

I've done that route twice in business. I didn't get a decent look at first, but the business class was very comfortable with decent food. I got plenty of sleep whenever I wanted as well.

If you're flying on your own, try and get a window seat in business. You're tucked away from the aisle but you still have direct aisle access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

IRLConor wrote: »
    I've done that route twice in business. I didn't get a decent look at first, but the business class was very comfortable with decent food. I got plenty of sleep whenever I wanted as well.

If you're flying on your own, try and get a window seat in business. You're tucked away from the aisle but you still have direct aisle access.

No window seats left in business will try and see if one frees up got a great seat out in first 4K which with 4A is one of the better apartments so really looking forward to that. Will prob just sleep on first leg and enjoy the A380.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Moved from Aviation and Aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

Business class is better with Etihad than Emirates.
    Very nice reclining seat/bed. great wine and ok food.
    The TV etc. is much more watchable when bigger so overall a great experience.

I think you will love it as Etihad seem to have the best Business class.

Ooooooh and a bigger toilet where you can actually turn around. lol
    ENJOY

Well back from what was an amazing flight the Business class flight really good got window seat both ways and very private. The first class apartment was seriously amazing so much room it really is like bring on your own private plane, food and service amazing and some of the best food I ever had any where the chef in both directions really good. The shower room not as good as Emirates but still great to have shower after 12 hours in the Air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Looks good, but i thought that you were going to show us a picture of the shower :)

smurfjed wrote: »
    Looks good, but i thought that you were going to show us a picture of the shower :)

I did not get pic of shower but the bed. I'm on phone so can't post multiple pics.

The CM was Elvis I kid you not!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Nice.... I wish that my employer would upgrade our First Class cabins to that standard, but there again, if they did, they probably would ban staff from using them :)

Just before I went to sleep.

• Advertisement

smurfjed wrote: »
    Nice.... I wish that my employer would upgrade our First Class cabins to that standard, but there again, if they did, they probably would ban staff from using them :)

Well Etihad to best of my knowledge only putting 5 A380's in the air so only 45 of these seats in the Air unless some other airline matches or exceeds the Etihad experience. I had a look at the residence while amazing not worth in my opinion the bump in price a multiple of 10 from my calculations.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

Sigh......I would love to experience a proper first class top airline experience someday with the likes of Ethiad.
    I'll just have to make do with Ryanair and Aer Lingus:(

Advertisement