Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accountant for Sole Trader

Options
  • 01-09-2015 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

How much would you think it would cost me to get my accounts prepared and subimtted by an accountant? I have received a quote and I'm just wondering how it sounds - approx 800 + VAT?

I'm not VAT registered, (this will probably change next year). I use an accounts package so I have already entered all the information into it and exported a P&L and trading statement. Obviously he has to go through it and make sure I have it all done correctly. I have to suppply credit card and bank statements to check them against the report I ran.

What do you think, is this price fair? Initially I thought it was a little high as I have a lot of the groundwork done myself but is it?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

If you're confident enough that you've done it correctly, you don't need an accountant at all.

If not, then €800 + VAT to prepare a straightforward set of accounts (I'm assuming yours are such) sounds quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Immy

I don't think it's too outragous, I usually charge between €400-600 to a sole trader not VAT reg with no employees

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭AndersLimpar

Synode wrote: »
    If you're confident enough that you've done it correctly, you don't need an accountant at all.

If not, then €800 + VAT to prepare a straightforward set of accounts (I'm assuming yours are such) sounds quite good.
    That's what I was hoping to hear!
    I wouldn't be confident enough to be honest, not this year anyway so I need the accountant!
    Thanks for your input.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

It's a tad expensive IF you've prepared your accounts correctly. Big if though in my experience or that of most of the accountants reading this...

What about the tax return, that's the end game here really, are you confident you'll be able to make the necessary adjustments to calculate taxable profit, wear & tear allowances etc.. and complete a Form 11??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

It's a tad expensive IF you've prepared your accounts correctly. Big if though in my experience or that of most of the accountants reading this...

What about the tax return, that's the end game here really, are you confident you'll be able to make the necessary adjustments to calculate taxable profit, wear & tear allowances etc.. and complete a Form 11??

I'd expect a tax return to be included in the price. But like you said, it all depends on the quality of the work done by the op.

• Advertisement
Advertisement