Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maintenance for college chikd

Options
  • 01-09-2015 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi. My daughter has moved in with me recently and she is going to college this week. I did pay €320 a month to her mother when my daughter lived with her. Is the mother now entitled to pay me maintenance as my daughter is 18?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Hi. My daughter has moved in with me recently and she is going to college this week. I did pay €320 a month to her mother when my daughter lived with her. Is the mother now entitled to pay me maintenance as my daughter is 18?
    Yes. Child maintenance is due up until the child is 23 if they continue their education full-time. If she's now living with you and you're supporting her, then the non-custodial parent is liable to may maintenance. So the mother would be liable to pay maintenance - in theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 waterville res

What happens if the child is working part then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

What happens if the child is working part then?
    No idea. I would guess that the person paying maintenance may still be liable for maintenance, but the amount may be reduced - depending on which side of the bed the judge got up on.

Advertisement