Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom changing Name?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭clohamon

They need something classy; that uses capital letters correctly; that describes what the company does, and where it operates.

How about “Telecom Éireann” ?

Update: I see Stinicker already came up with this solution

• Registered Users Posts: 45 NedKinsella

"They need something classy; that uses capital letters correctly; that describes what the company does, and where it operates.

How about “Telecom Éireann” ?"

It will be short and sweet but not very descriptive, at least not in that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭StonyIron

Meh! (tm)

Sums them up really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭clohamon

"They need something classy; that uses capital letters correctly; that describes what the company does, and where it operates.

How about “Telecom Éireann” ?"

It will be short and sweet but not very descriptive, at least not in that way.

Former wholesale and networks is "open eir"

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

New name

Same sh!te

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

It will cost them at least €16m to rebrand. How many rural exchanges do you reckon could've been broadband enabled for the €16m?

https://twitter.com/IrishTimesLaura/status/644093459721244672

They seem to be really going for the "look! We're Irish" thing which is an interesting concept:

"eircom Limited, Registered as a Branch in Ireland Number 907674, Incorporated in Jersey Number 116389. Branch Address: 1 Heuston South Quarter, St. John's Road, Dublin 8, Ireland.
    © 2015 eircom. All rights reserved."

https://youtu.be/017Jk6tg2PA

They seem to have left Meteor alone for now, I wonder if they could just swap it for MeatyEir which is how a lot of Irish people pronounce it anyway.

Chris___ wrote: »
    It will cost them at least €16m to rebrand. How many rural exchanges do you reckon could've been broadband enabled for the €16m?

https://twitter.com/IrishTimesLaura/status/644093459721244672

20 different agencies and the results are still shoite

One would have to conclude that you don't get a lot of value or creativity advertising or PR wise for your money in Ireland.

I see they have completely removed the emobile prepay service and are no longer selling emobile bill pay contracts unless you take a bundle.

• Advertisement

It never made much sense having eMobile and meteor as a completely duplicated brands!
    I don't know what that was all about.

StonyIron wrote: »
    It never made much sense having eMobile and meteor as a completely duplicated brands!
    I don't know what that was all about.

Meteor caters to the under 30s/teens. emobile catered to the over 30s and the elderly.

Emobile

Trade €20 topup
    250 minutes
    250 texts
    250mb data
    Free calls and texts to emobile/Meteor customers
    Free calls to landlines

Vs

Meteor

Free any network texts/meteor calls and internet, keep your credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

They seem to be really going for the "look! We're Irish" thing which is an interesting concept:

https://youtu.be/017Jk6tg2PA

I wonder will people be bitching that they used Skellig Michael with that filming!!! :P

Chris___ wrote: »
    Meteor caters to the under 30s/teens. emobile catered to the over 30s and the elderly.

Emobile

Trade €20 topup
    250 minutes
    250 texts
    250mb data
    Free calls and texts to emobile/Meteor customers
    Free calls to landlines

Vs

Meteor

Free any network texts/meteor calls and internet, keep your credit.

Tesco Mobile : €15 - unlimited calls to landlines & mobiles and you get to keep your €15 and you get clubcard points!

Also "over 30s and "the elderly" (that would be load people - adults as they're normally called) - you'll be 30 soon too and then you'll lose all interest in social media and data. It's an odd thing that.

eMobile didn't really know what it was. The plans were good value several years ago but the data bundles made them fairly uncompetitive on prepay vs even Vodafone.

Meteor is a bit of a hard sell to businesses as it has developed a reputation as something kids use, but that's changed a lot.

Tesco Mobile : €15 - unlimited calls to landlines & mobiles and you get to keep your €15 and you get clubcard points!

Also "over 30s and "the elderly" (that would be load people - adults as they're normally called) - you'll be 30 soon too and then you'll lose all interest in social media and data. It's an odd thing that.

eMobile didn't really know what it was. The plans were good value several years ago but the data bundles made them fairly uncompetitive on prepay vs even Vodafone.

Meteor is a bit of a hard sell to businesses as it has developed a reputation as something kids use, but that's changed a lot.

that won't be true of today's twenty somethings or thirty somethings for that matter

all that stuff is here to stay and in bigger and greater volumes

lawred2 wrote: »
    that won't be true of today's twenty somethings or thirty somethings for that matter

all that stuff is here to stay and in bigger and greater volumes

I was being sarcastic... Just find this "over 30s" thing a little amusing.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I was thinking exactly that. The whole concept of different brands to target different segments of the market goes completely out the door when you have such cheap prices.

All the other companies are just fiddling around the edges, trying to avoid being competitive and lowering prices.

I was being sarcastic... Just find this "over 30s" thing a little amusing.

whatever granddad :D

just jokes... I'm touching elderly myself apparently

Advertisement