Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Engineers Heading Across the Pond

Options
  • 31-08-2015 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey :)!

So, myself and a few friends have decided to take the plunge and immigrate. Heading off to Toronto in the next three weeks. Just looking for any advice I can get regarding landing a job in Toronto. Most of us are Civil Engineers. Averaging about a year - two years experience each. Hoping to hear from a few over in Toronto that landed with similar experience\qualifications. Any tips of agencies to contact?? Names of common employers of Irish?? To be honest any advice would be greatly appreciated. Just trying to land as prepared as possible.

Cheers in advance lads :D!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jenanne

Bump! Bump!!

I'm actually in the same boat myself!! Just landed in Toronto!! Recently qualified architectural technologist!!

Anyone know any good agencies out there for the architecture game :)?

Even temp work in CAD would be IDEAL until I find my feet :)!!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Hey,
    recently qualified civil here, what is the engineering industry like in Ireland now. Are u emigrating due to no work? I am just trying to figure my next step.

Advertisement