Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carter's clothes sizing

Options
  • 31-08-2015 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

I had a thread here last year about wanting to order Carter's clothes online and a few of ye suggested I try TK MAXX but despite stalking my local branch every delivery day, I only ever managed to pick up 4 items. I accidentally started browsing their site earlier and I fell in love with the cuteness of their stuff all over again (oh god, the christmas themed outfits are in stock!!) so I've talked myself into placing and order :eek: :D

The only issue I have now is with the sizing. I know that their stuff marked 9m is the equivalent of our 6-9m etc but even at that, I found the onesies I bought in TK MAXX came up very small on my little boy last year. Are Carter's things generally sized small? I can't seem to find a conclusive answer online. I know that TK MAXX get a lot of the outlet stock and the seconds which may explain why the onesies came up small but I would hate to order things that end up being too small. My common sense-ometer is telling me to order a size up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Huh your explanation of sizing makes sense... I wondered why their stuff (got presents from US didn't fit right!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

I had a thread here last year about wanting to order Carter's clothes online and a few of ye suggested I try TK MAXX but despite stalking my local branch every delivery day, I only ever managed to pick up 4 items. I accidentally started browsing their site earlier and I fell in love with the cuteness of their stuff all over again (oh god, the christmas themed outfits are in stock!!) so I've talked myself into placing and order :eek: :D

The only issue I have now is with the sizing. I know that their stuff marked 9m is the equivalent of our 6-9m etc but even at that, I found the onesies I bought in TK MAXX came up very small on my little boy last year. Are Carter's things generally sized small? I can't seem to find a conclusive answer online. I know that TK MAXX get a lot of the outlet stock and the seconds which may explain why the onesies came up small but I would hate to order things that end up being too small. My common sense-ometer is telling me to order a size up.

YES! We have relatives in the US so have had a good few bits from Carter's and they come up very small. My son was very long and skinny so it was the length that got us in the babygros - I would size at least one up if your baby is long.

On another note I never found the quality great - they are lovely and soft when you first get them but some of them washed very badly. We had one that I remember using a lot that looked like a little baseball outfit but most of the rest got very little use after being washed a couple of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I've got a few Carter's things as presents from the States and they are definitely on the small and slightly skinny side.I've had a variety of them for several different ranges of months, and our little one grew into and out of them quickly....so yes, if I were you I'd order them a size up :-)

Funnily enough Gap, Old Navy and Berbers baby gear are all on the small side too.Which is odd because American brands tend to be on the big side in adults sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Carter's is smaller than m&s and next, but bigger than penny's, probably close to dunnes in size. I have loads of Carter's, find they are made to be quite fitted and grow out quick except for hoodies

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Carters is slightly small sizing.

Generally -
    Age 12 months is 9-12 months
    Age 6 years is 5-6 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Tkmaxx have a website and deliver? Mind blown!
    I agree with everyone. I went up a size for everything. Got a few bits as presents. They were fine but nothing special compared to other brands that are readily available I thought.

Advertisement