Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sawblade sharpening

Options
  • 31-08-2015 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭

People,
    my Freud rip blade started to sound 'rough' today and closer inspection revealed a missing tooth.
    Can anybody recommend a good mail order repair company that would braze a tooth on ?
    My local sharpener does not replace tungsten teeth.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭peter bermingham

Nearly sure the routing center do it 01 456 6604

• Registered Users Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

You could try Saw and Tool services ballymount rd Dublin, if they don't do it they will tell you who will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Thanks all.
    I used to use Carbide tool many years ago. Even then it was a bit pricey but I'll give them a buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 flush1

saw and tool supplies will do it.they cover most areas of the country

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Keen Edge in Tullamore have the means to braze on new teeth.

• Advertisement

woodturner wrote: »
    Keen Edge in Tullamore have the means to braze on new teeth.

Excellent. I'm in the midlands anyway so not too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

recipio wrote: »
    Excellent. I'm in the midlands anyway so not too far.

Where are you from?

woodturner wrote: »
    Where are you from?

Tipp ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭Grueller

I use eurosaw in Dublin. Van collects in certain areas on certain days and will drop back when in the area again. Have lent me blades in the past to keep me going.

Grueller wrote: »
    I use eurosaw in Dublin. Van collects in certain areas on certain days and will drop back when in the area again. Have lent me blades in the past to keep me going.

Thanks.
    I'm giving Keen Edge in Tullamore a go. Friendly service and very reasonable - 20 cent per tooth.
    I wish more small companies would use Parcel Motel as its only 4.50 to post a small packet internally.More anon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement