Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colour film development in Dublin (35mm/120)

Options
  • 31-08-2015 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Since I so rarely shoot colour film, I never bought the chemicals and am out of the loop on the best places to develop it. Spotted some very old threads but I don't know if they still apply.

Anybody know what the prices are like for negatives only (no scanning) in Dublin at present? Looking at several rolls of regular 35mm and 120, and two 120 rolls of E6.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Gunns on Wexford Street. They are excellent and happily oblige to develop my films. Really friendly and knowledgeable staff too. They have a dark room I think you can use too.

I've had 120, 35 and even 110 film processed there recently. Sadly their skill at developing my film doesn't make my photos any better, but I'm getting there!

I've recently got a full developing kit. Change bag, tanks, spirals etc so am going to be developing my own B&W 35 and 110 at home. The staff there helped me choose the right chemicals and gave me some tips for developing at home for a beginner.

I'll still go to them for colour though. Their film prices are very keen too so I usually buy a few rolls while on a visit. A great shop and 110% recommended. Don't know what I'd do without them to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

I haven't had colour film developed anywhere for quite a few years, so I can't help on price, but just to note that so far as I'm aware the only place to get E6 done is still Photocare on Abbey street.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭amdgilmore

Thanks. Conn's turned out to be cheaper but went to Gunn's for the better turnaround time and proximity to my house. And because they're lovely people, as always.

Thanks, Daire. Taking the Provia over to Abbey St. now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

the only place to get E6 done is still Photocare on Abbey street.

Are they good? I seem to recall hearing somewhere that the place that did e6 in Dublin was bad for some reason, not sure where I heard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Are they good? I seem to recall hearing somewhere that the place that did e6 in Dublin was bad for some reason, not sure where I heard it.

The last time I got a roll done there was a good few years ago, but I never had any complaints, seemed to dev just fine and the slides were spotless. In fact it was the only place in Dublin I ever got anything developed that didn't have scratches on the film :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

yeah, i don't remember having problems there myself. good while since i had E6 developed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Thanks for the replies!

Advertisement