Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Store Ireland game prices??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

I imagine because people will pay it, unfortunately, probably as a matter of convenience. I can't bring myself to pay it, ordered a hard copy from an online UK retailer for £33.74 around €46.00. Will prob take an extra day arriving though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CosmoJoe90

It's a good idea, might do it myself. Can't play it until following week anyway!

Are there any region issues with that? Game will work fine, just like one bought here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Yup I buy games from the UK all the time there's no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

CosmoJoe90 wrote: »
    Anyone know why the prices on PS Store in Ireland are much higher than US or UK? E.g. MGS 5 to pre-order is €69.99 in Ireland, but $59.99 in US (approx. €53) and £41 (€56).

Why?

Because Konami want to.

Mgs is my favourite series but I'm buying it digital and couldn't justify the price.

So I'm buying it on my USA account at a reasonable price.

Did it in the past for many games like the order and battlefield hardline.

BTW if you buy on a USA account it works on your Irish account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lulzordan

I don't think it's only Konami though, the new fifa is also more expensive as well other games. It seems they're still pushing you to buy physical copies of the games..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The exchange rate isn't helping. It was that long ago when the game on the US store would have been the equivalent of €41

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

lertsnim wrote: »
    The exchange rate isn't helping. It was that long ago when the game on the US store would have been the equivalent of €41

Those were the days! I used to get super value back then

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I used to buy all my games off the US store.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dman93

I have bought games of the us account before, it's stupid it's like they have never even heard of currency changing,...60 dollars? thats 60 euro..thats there logic it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

dman93 wrote: »
    I have bought games of the us account before, it's stupid it's like they have never even heard of currency changing,...60 dollars? thats 60 euro..thats there logic it seems

They are making less money from the euro in your example above.

60 euro is $67.21 at the moment.

23% of the euro price for us is VAT, if you remove that its $51.75, so a significant amount less.

US price does not include VAT, its added at the checkout. You probably have your account set up for Delaware or New Hampshire, these states have a VAT rate of 0%. But even an expensive state like New York only has a VAT rate of 10%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 dman93

They are making less money from the euro in your example above.

60 euro is at the moment.

23% of the euro price for us is VAT, if you remove that its , so a significant amount less.

US price does not include VAT, its added at the checkout. You probably have your account set up for Delaware or New Hampshire, these states have a VAT rate of 0%. But even an expensive state like New York only has a VAT rate of 10%

I was joking it's more like they are 60 dollars and 70 euro..i was just being dramatic

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

The prices on new games to buy on psn are a joke, but the sale prices on games can be really good I find, while I love the MGS series I will be waiting for a sale, I have done this with most of the games I consider single player I can wait haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

CosmoJoe90 wrote: »
    Anyone know why the prices on PS Store in Ireland are much higher than US or UK? E.g. MGS 5 to pre-order is €69.99 in Ireland, but $59.99 in US (approx. €53) and £41 (€56).

Why?

Your UK price is wrong it's £49.99 on the PSN store. IE and UK are in line but the US price difference is pretty much what "witnessmenow" says.

MGSTPP IE - €69.99 / €69.99
    MGSTPP UK - £57.99* / €79.36*
    MGSTPP US- $59.99 / €53.45

*My bad, Fixed

That uk price is particularly high, Until dawn, Mad Max and The Witcher are "only" £49.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

CombatCow wrote: »
    Your UK price is wrong it's £49.99 on the PSN store. IE and UK are in line but the US price difference is pretty much what "witnessmenow" says.

MGSTPP IE - €69.99 / €69.99
    MGSTPP UK - £49.99 / €68.33
    MGSTPP US- $59.99 / €53.45

That 49.99 is for the PS3 version. Its actually £57.99 for the PS4 version and because my bank account is located in the UK, it would work out cheaper for me to pay €69.99 than to pay £57.99. If I paid the Euro price, it works out as £51.17 for me.

Of course, paying in $'s works out even cheaper at £39.10.

Advertisement