Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some help with my caravan please :)

Options
  • 30-08-2015 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hello,

I have bought a lunar caravan (year 1997, solar model) to a guy that he did not use it much, and he was not able to answer all my requirements.

Well, I have discovered how most of the things work inside the caravan just testing and touching but there are 3 things I can not figure out, so they are:

1. How to fill the blue liquid for the WC (I know it is outside the caravan and where, but I just do not know how)

2. The water at the shower does not come up (sink and toilette are ok and water comes up). I turned on the taps but nothing happened :( , so I wonder if I have to press or switch something else inside the caravan.

3. I have bought a gas bottle for the heater and gas cooker/oven. So I ask: once the bottle is connected ouside, beside to press the button that says "gas or water", should I do anything else?

Well, that is all by now, hope you can help me :)

Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Is there a wee door over the toilet hatch, outside?

Re the tap, turn it on, and crack open another tap, if it works then it's probably a dodgy microswitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭lydialaois

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    Hello,

I have bought a lunar caravan (year 1997, solar model) to a guy that he did not use it much, and he was not able to answer all my requirements.

Well, I have discovered how most of the things work inside the caravan just testing and touching but there are 3 things I can not figure out, so they are:

1. How to fill the blue liquid for the WC (I know it is outside the caravan and where, but I just do not know how)

2. The water at the shower does not come up (sink and toilette are ok and water comes up). I turned on the taps but nothing happened :( , so I wonder if I have to press or switch something else inside the caravan.

3. I have bought a gas bottle for the heater and gas cooker/oven. So I ask: once the bottle is connected ouside, beside to press the button that says "gas or water", should I do anything else?

Well, that is all by now, hope you can help me

Thanks in advance.

Re the tap, turn it on, and crack open another tap, if it works then it's probably a dodgy microswitch.

Yes, there is a little door outsite but I do not know where to add the blue liquid...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

lydialaois wrote: »
    Yes, there is a little door outsite but I do not know where to add the blue liquid...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcjc0GvD8bE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl0WUpqS0D4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Slightly off topic but found this cassette maintenance video..

http://youtu.be/Ry5TmMX3CNk

Depends on your toilet set up but if it's like in this video you put it in the cassette.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

lydialaois wrote: »

As well as being connected, the dial at the end of the hose pipe that connects to the gas bottle must be turned to "open" to allow the gas to flow from the gas bottle to the appliances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭lydialaois

Good morning

Thanks for all this useful information and also for your time. I am going to test everything and will let you know whats going on. I am new at caravaning so it will take me some time to learn everything properly.

:)

Lydia

Advertisement