Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment Deposit

Options
  • 29-08-2015 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

when you pay the deposit for security/electricity and service charges does that mean electricity is free of charge unless you've gone over the limit and it will be deducted from the security? When they pay you back it at the end of rental period?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

No, you pay your ESB bills and you get your security deposit back once there are no outstanding bills and there is no damage to the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Lux23 wrote: »
    No, you pay your ESB bills and you get your security deposit back once there are no outstanding bills and there is no damage to the house.

I think the OP may be referring to purpose built student accommodation with utilities included

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Varik

when you pay the deposit for security/electricity and service charges does that mean electricity is free of charge unless you've gone over the limit and it will be deducted from the security? When they pay you back it at the end of rental period?

How it was for me, got something at end of each term with how much we'd used and how much was used on average across apartments. Got back rest at end.

Some places might have utilities included otherwise, so it could be a normal deposit where none of our is used for day to day bills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

athtrasna wrote: »
    I think the OP may be referring to purpose built student accommodation with utilities included

This is it thanks mod

Advertisement