Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused about points

Options
  • 28-08-2015 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Im about to start a fetac level 5 course and I am a bit confused about the scoring...
    It says on the qualifax website that the maximum score is 400 points
    The course I want to do is around 500 points,the other is 380 points
    Does that mean its not possible to get the course for 500 points?And to get the course that is 380 I would really need to get all distinctions?

could somebody please help as I am very confused and need to make my mind up about what to do next year!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Flight From Death

Which FETAC course are you doing and which course do you want to get in to? Some Higher Education courses have links to certain FETAC qualifications where a certain number of places are reserved for people who get the FETAC award. There usually aren't many places though and you'd be competing with people from other FETAC colleges so I'd advise knuckling down and trying for all distinctions.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kcera

Which FETAC course are you doing and which course do you want to get in to? Some Higher Education courses have links to certain FETAC qualifications where a certain number of places are reserved for people who get the FETAC award. There usually aren't many places though and you'd be competing with people from other FETAC colleges so I'd advise knuckling down and trying for all distinctions.

Im doing laboratory techniques in Colaiste dualaigh,I hope to do sports science and health in DCU

• Registered Users Posts: 23 marble2015

kcera wrote: »
    Im doing laboratory techniques in Colaiste dualaigh,I hope to do sports science and health in DCU

The points are irrelevant for that course, all universitys and DIT operate a different system so it doesn't matter, make sure you have enough distinctions for it and the modules needed and you're competing for the fetac reserved places with other fetac people who've applied for it on the cao, if you Google 'fetac cao' and go to the cao website and select DCU it can tell you how many distinctions you need etc.

marble2015 wrote: »
    The points are irrelevant for that course, all universitys and DIT operate a different system so it doesn't matter, make sure you have enough distinctions for it and the modules needed and you're competing for the fetac reserved places with other fetac people who've applied for it on the cao, if you Google 'fetac cao' and go to the cao website and select DCU it can tell you how many distinctions you need etc.

Thanks,So lets say another course I want says I need "3 distinctions",Would I get in automatically on 3 distinctions,Its for an IT

Thanks,So lets say another course I want says I need "3 distinctions",Would I get in automatically on 3 distinctions,Its for an IT

If the minimum entry requirements are 3 distinctions then no, you would be competing with other holders of at least 3 distinctions for one of a specific number of places reserved for FETAC applicants. There are usually 2-4 places reserved depending on the course and the competition would be very high. You'd be looking at wanting almost all distinctions to get in.

• Advertisement

If the minimum entry requirements are 3 distinctions then no, you would be competing with other holders of at least 3 distinctions for one of a specific number of places reserved for FETAC applicants. There are usually 2-4 places reserved depending on the course and the competition would be very high. You'd be looking at wanting almost all distinctions to get in.

Thanks for clearing that up,Going to be a tough year so!!

Thanks for clearing that up,Going to be a tough year so!!

Best of luck!

Advertisement