Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP!!!! smashed phone

Options
  • 28-08-2015 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

Tonight i did a great job on my phone, smashed the screen by slamming the car boot on it (don't ask, still trying to figure out how i left it there too!). Screen is buggered. All my phone numbers are saved to the phone, not to the sim. Is there anyway I can get the numbers off the phone if i hook it up to my laptop? Or do I need to bring it to a phone shop (its a meteor phone - sony xperia t)? Thanks in advance for any advice or help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Download this and then follow instructions when connecting.

http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

It should backup automatically, if it doesn't the backup option shouldn't be hard to find. Get a replacement phone, plug it in and transfer contacts/photos/music etc over.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭bsb1971

thanks for that! lifesaver!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

bsb1971 wrote: »
    thanks for that! lifesaver!

All your contacts and stuff should be there anyway once you sign into your gmail on any new Android device that you end up buying....

If you have Google photos backing up they should be fine also....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

one thing, did you have a pin code lock on the screen or any kind of lock . it may not sync if you did as you would need to unlock the phone to allow the pc access to it

Advertisement