Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bike covers

Options
  • 28-08-2015 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭

I have noticed a lot of motor home owners have covers for their bikes while they are carried on the rear carriers. I asked several where they got them and seems theysalways came with the rack/MH.
    Can you buy these anywhere here in Ireland? At least they hide what exactly you have hanging off the back, so a security feature as well as keeping the rain off. (One couple I met had a Personal Rape Alarm wired to their cover, so anyone trying to pull it off the bikes set off the sirern)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

piuswal wrote: »

Handy to have to cover the bikes off the rack too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭campingcarist

I got mine from Pat Horan's

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭cipro 55

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    I have noticed a lot of motor home owners have covers for their bikes while they are carried on the rear carriers. I asked several where they got them and seems theysalways came with the rack/MH.
    Can you buy these anywhere here in Ireland? At least they hide what exactly you have hanging off the back, so a security feature as well as keeping the rain off. (One couple I met had a Personal Rape Alarm wired to their cover, so anyone trying to pull it off the bikes set off the sirern)

I saw them in Lidl last Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Same one here for €13 cheaper! http://vanderlust.com/shop/index.php/fiamma-bike-cover-premium-s-up-to-4-bikes.html

Haven't seen this enclosed cover but would be wary that with a zip, and if you are carrying the maximum 4 bikes, you could have great difficulty in closing the bike cover zip. It might be ok if you are carrying 2/3 bikes. And if the zip breaks...

This one http://vanderlust.com/shop/index.php/fiamma-bike-cover-s-4-bikes-1742.html on the other hand is €21 cheaper than the one above and is not as restrictive as the one above as it ties via bungee cords with hooks and not a zip. It does not form a full enclosure around the bikes like the one above, but is just as effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭campingcarist

In my opinion, the cheaper covers will be of a thinner material and my not be suitable for the type of wind effect at the back of a motorhome. Also, think of the pressure points that will be on the cover - handlebar ends and brake levers, which, with continual 'flapping and stretching' may cause early weakening of the cover in those places, resulting in holes.
    Just my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

In my opinion, the cheaper covers will be of a thinner material...

It's the same product...just cheaper from a different supplier.

Advertisement