Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawbreakers - [Boss Key Studios/Cliff Bleszinski]

Options
  • 28-08-2015 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭

Announcement trailer

Gameplay trailer

Personally, I really like the look of this! It has a strong Unreal Tournament feel to it with some really interesting mechanics. Bleszinski has been playing a lot of CS:GO recently and he is aiming at that market, so a 5v5 competitive mode is probably guaranteed.

No release date yet, but it is exclusive to PC so I am hoping it will be really solid at launch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Didnt know there was a gameplay video,the story video wasnt great imo. The story sounds a bit silly to me.

That gameplay video though,looked very slick indeed. Not really a twicth shooter type of person these days but that looks pretty fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

It's F2P so will give it a go....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Meh. "Man, that was embarrassing" and "You want some more asshole?" = people are going to feel like screaming abuse down the mic is completely acceptable and that means Halo/Gears style kids and dudebro idiots will be all over it which means no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Shiminay wrote: »
    Meh. "Man, that was embarrassing" and "You want some more asshole?" = people are going to feel like screaming abuse down the mic is completely acceptable and that means Halo/Gears style kids and dudebro idiots will be all over it which means no thanks.

That was all par for the course in Unreal Tournament. Besides, this is a PC game running on Unreal 4.0 technology; hopefully, there won't be any kids. :cool:

Received an Alpha Key this morning. It was in an email under the 'Promotions' tab of Gmail, perhaps a new wave of invites have been sent out so check your email. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

just posted in the general chat thread that i got a key for this. also got two friend keys so if anyone wants one send me a pm

hopefully my new 1070 arrives tomorrow and i can try this, otherwise my current card not going to cut it

The beta for Lawbreakers starts in 10 minutes and will run for the weekend. Apparently, it has undergone a number of changes based on feedback from last year's alpha. It is also no longer going to be F2P.

I will be streaming as soon as the servers go up. You can watch here if you are interested: www.twitch.tv/theliber8or

After one hour of gameplay all I can say is that Lawbreakers is only breaking one law; Intellectual Property law :pac:

It is very similar to Overwatch... More frantic though, more violent, more profanities, and more of a tribute to the fast paced shooters of old such as Quake and Unreal Tournament.

I like it! I'm not sure its worth €60 though... A lot of the content is still locked out with only quick-play enabled for the beta. Interesting classes, crazy weapons, and the low-gravity aspect gives it an interesting dynamic. Definitely a shooter that you will get more out of by the amount of time playing it. Easy to get into, but difficult to master, I think.

I'll be playing more later for sure!

Ok, gonna stream some more now.

www.twitch.tv/theliber8or

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Falthyron wrote: »
    After one hour of gameplay all I can say is that Lawbreakers is only breaking one law; Intellectual Property law :pac:

It is very similar to Overwatch

Oh god no. Is Overwatch the new 'Dark Souls' of X genre?

• Advertisement

Oh god no. Is Overwatch the new 'Dark Souls' of X genre?

Hopefully such a trend won't start, but since the alpha, Lawbreakers has become noticeably more like Overwatch. There is a tank class, a healing class, a gunslinger, a Soldier 76... I mean enforcer... There are loot stashes, customisation with skins.

It doesn't play like Overwatch as it is much faster and more intense, and the game modes are different. But it is still a 6v6 and the game is slowly pushing you towards using tactics for re-taking a battery (flag). And, of course, you have two abilities activated with Shift and E and an ultimate that builds overtime which you enable with Q.

It is a solid blend of Unreal Tournament, Bulletstorm, and Overwatch. That is how I would describe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Open Beta again this weekend for this. Worth an hour of anybody's time if you're a fan of FPS's and looking to try something different(ish).

Advertisement