Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bring back bertie

Options
  • 27-08-2015 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Lets face it there was a world recession Ireland was not the only country to suffer.
    How can we grow when there is new taxes old ones bumped up constantly.
    Fg served a couple of government in history each time the same tactics.
    Look into ff past they always pumped money into the economy making tax cuts where possible which left the average person with a bit more silver in their pocket,they made meat deals world wide to bump up our farming sector.
    Now I couldn't let ff in alone sf would be a good choice to hold the reins back on the occasion ff got a little brave :)
    Labour really no different than fg just a little more stupid for letting themselves be the scape goats for all fg dirty work.
    Throw in a few good independents for good measure

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Grammar ain't what it used to be.

Also, no.
    Bertienomics run it course, hopefully the people won't reelect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Lets face it there was a world recession Ireland was not the only country to suffer.
    How can we grow when there is new taxes old ones bumped up constantly.
    Fg served a couple of government in history each time the same tactics.
    Look into ff past they always pumped money into the economy making tax cuts where possible which left the average person with a bit more silver in their pocket,they made meat deals world wide to bump up our farming sector.
    Now I couldn't let ff in alone sf would be a good choice to hold the reins back on the occasion ff got a little brave :)
    Labour really no different than fg just a little more stupid for letting themselves be the scape goats for all fg dirty work.
    Throw in a few good independents for good measure

You are living up to your name sake. Spoofing.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

independents, sinn fein to moderate ff kicking off , this is just insanity in text form.

any coalition involving independents or SF will spell an unstable nightmare for the big brother in the coalition. A quick election after would be a sure thing.

FG or FF are our only realistic parties for our future, and not if they get saddled with the likes of labour, SF or independents holding them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,970 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Bring back George cole

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭arthur daly

Nice to see you took your head from endas arse long enough to read my post.

I don't need my grammer to be perfect I make enough to pay someone for anything that matters :)
    Get your tickets ready children ff are comming hack

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

There's a standard of posting in this forum that comments such as the above fall well below. Please read the charter before posting again.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I don't need my grammer to be perfect I make enough to pay someone for anything that matters :)
    Get your tickets ready children ff are comming hack

I spy with my little eye, something beginning with "Freudian S".

If your fantasy comes true, I will be getting my tickets ready. It costs less than €60 for a Sail-Rail ticket to England's major cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

Lets face it there was a world recession Ireland was not the only country to suffer. How can we grow when there is new taxes old ones bumped up constantly. Fg served a couple of government in history each time the same tactics. Look into ff past they always pumped money into the economy making tax cuts where possible which left the average person with a bit more silver in their pocket,they made meat deals world wide to bump up our farming sector. Now I couldn't let ff in alone sf would be a good choice to hold the reins back on the occasion ff got a little brave Labour really no different than fg just a little more stupid for letting themselves be the scape goats for all fg dirty work. Throw in a few good independents for good measure

FF will bankrupt the country. You can't lower taxes and increase spending. You have to pick one or the other. They did this post 77. 97to 07. Basically this recession was avoidable but having no idology hurts everyone in the end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

Why does either FF or FG have to be in government. Since the Irish Republic was overthrown in 1922 it's been either FF or FG in government in the Free State (I don't know why they called it the "Free State" everything was the opposite of free in t).

Why can't we just give Sinn Fein a chance? If we don't like then we can get rid of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Why can't we just give Sinn Fein a chance? If we don't like then we can get rid of them.

Have you read SF's policies?

Thats why.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Which would be fine if they could be kicked out after a week or two but who knows how much havoc they could wreak on the country over a full term in government.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Which would be fine if they could be kicked out after a week or two but who knows how much havoc they could wreak on the country over a full term in government.

Mere speculation.

I don't like the idea of any of these politicians returning if for no other reason that they all received massive payouts when leaving.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Rightwing wrote: »
    Mere speculation.

I'm concious that there is already a SF thread and don't want this turning into another but SF have not had their policies properly costed, they believe that you can tax the bejaysus out of the higher earners and give loads of benefits to the lower earners.
    Nice ideals but completely unworkable.

kbannon wrote: »
    I'm concious that there is already a SF thread and don't want this turning into another but SF have not had their policies properly costed, they believe that you can tax the bejaysus out of the higher earners and give loads of benefits to the lower earners.
    Nice ideals but completely unworkable.

Politics is full of financial imbeciles, all we need do is look at the policies of the nation's favourite party, FF. They thought it sound to have an economy with 25% of revenue coming from construction related activities. And FG were egging them on. ;)

Politics is full of financial imbeciles, all we need do is look at the policies of the nation's favourite party, FF. They thought it sound to have an economy with 25% of revenue coming from construction related activities. And FG were egging them on. ;)

Are you suggesting that we take the biggest imbeciles and give them control of the country then? Problems with FF, FG and co aren't justifications for the economic calamity that would be the result of an SF government.

H. H. Asquith

Are you suggesting that we take the biggest imbeciles and give them control of the country then? Problems with FF, FG and co aren't justifications for the economic calamity that would be the result of an SF government.

Again, you've no basis for saying this. If a country takes what was at the time 1 of the best economies in the world and leads it to the bankruptcy, it is safe to assume that the said party is the biggest imbecile. The worst the next party can do it the exact same.

Again, you've no basis for saying this. If a country takes what was at the time 1 of the best economies in the world and leads it to the bankruptcy, it is safe to assume that the said party is the biggest imbecile. The worst the next party can do it the exact same.
    We were never one of the best economies in the world.
    We were a credit based economy that borrowed to repay loans.
    People did mention this and the risks of it but they were dismissed by the then government.

However, I suspect that you are defending wanting SF in office so I'm doubtful that the truth will change your mind!

Ireland's economy was a bubble that was always going to burst. I'm no fan of FF but there's no way that Sinn Féin would have been any better.

H. H. Asquith

We were never one of the best economies in the world.
    We were a credit based economy that borrowed to repay loans.
    People did mention this and the risks of it but they were dismissed by the then government.

However, I suspect that you are defending wanting SF in office so I'm doubtful that the truth will change your mind!

I'm not a SF supporter. I look at the facts. The facts are we have been very poorly governed. This current government gets a pass, mainly because of the troika.

Do you even know why we were a credit based economy? Clue: Ask FF. ;)
    Ireland's economy was a bubble that was always going to burst. I'm no fan of FF but there's no way that Sinn Féin would have been any better.

It was a bubble precisely because of FF policies.

They have been no better, but couldn't have been worse.

I'm not a SF supporter. I look at the facts. The facts are we have been very poorly governed. This current government gets a pass, mainly because of the troika.
    Apologies, I had you confused with DarkyHughes

• Advertisement

Apologies, I had you confused with DarkyHughes

No worries.

The thread title is about B Ahern, I'm just pointing out that their policies were catastrophic:
    • massive increases in social welfare
    • massive increases in OAP payments
    • massive increases in PS pay through bench marking
    • tax breaks etc for building flats in places like leitrim.
    That's why we had a bubble.

Advertisement