Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singer/Songwriter seeking advice!

Options
  • 27-08-2015 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I'm a singer/songwriter just starting off. I set up a Facebook page, have 3 songs uploaded to YouTube and will have a soundcloud in the next day or 2. Played my first gig about a week ago in a Battle Of The Bands, and I got a good reception both from judges and people in the audience. Basically I'm just looking for advice on what to do next. I have a list of open mics and stuff, but would there be promoters I should get onto for say support slots or something? And I was thinking of trying to get onto radio stations but I don't have any full recordings yet only acoustic demos, and while I plan to do an EP at some stage I don't have anything planned yet so I don't really feel like I've anything to promote. Am I overthinking all this? Haven't really a clue what I'm doing so any feedback would be appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Yes, I think you are racing too far ahead. Get a few more gigs under your belt over the next few months. In the meantime keep the feet firmly fixed on the ground. But give it your best shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Cclancy

Start hitting the open mic nights. go to as many as you can and test your songs in front of an audience. They are a great platform for learing some skills.

Also remember, you are performing, so perform.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Get something recorded and available for people to hear as soon as possible, I'd say. You could be the best in the world but if people can't listen to it afterwards it's hard to get anywhere.

Advertisement