Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet usage on Sony Experia E4G

Options
  • 27-08-2015 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi All, How can my phone consume my PAYG credit (internet charges/Vodafone) even though my mobile data is always switched off and I always use internet over my home wifi. The Vodafone shop confirmed on numerous occasions that mobile data is switched off and shouldn't be using credit. Vodafone livechat had no answers - HELP!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭petrolcan

Have you confirmed that your credit is being used up with data? If so, check what is using that data via settings > data usage

• Registered Users Posts: 19 fuzzby100

Thanks for replying petrolcan, under the data usage (vodafone.ie) there was a trickle of data been used 56 kb over a weekly period. There is obviously heavy data usage on my wifi. However after getting on to Vodafone again they maintain its a sim card issue - they never came across this issue before. The fact that all my settings on my phone were correct in order not to use the mobile internet remains a mystery. The only option I had was to cancel the data usage part of my a/c and use phone calls only.

Sorry I should add that the data was being consumed by the phone's Android OS.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,029 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I had the same with my z3 compact , might have been when o2 switched to three, something was using small bit of data even with data off. Had to change the APN. Never queried it with Three but was pretty annoying to see data usage with data set to off

Thanks for the comment Ghost Train. It looks like modern technology is'nt all perfect.

• Advertisement
Advertisement