Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City centre playdate ideas

Options
  • 27-08-2015 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi I was just wondering if anyone knows if there is anything or anywhere in Dublin city centre for a playdate for a 3yr old and 8 month old. Really need entertainment for the 3 yr old so can have a chat. Its half way for us to meet something like the leisureplex r a playcafe would suit. Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

What part of the city centre?
    Panda Play in Ballsbridge is lovely,we often meet there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

+1 for panda play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Not city centre but there's a play centre at dundrum town centre and another really good one in rathfarnham village.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭sm213

Look for mother and baby groups in your area.
    The park in the grounds of st.patricks cathedral is nice enough most days. Lunchtime probably best if its nice out.
    Dublinia is good fun for kids costumes to try on. Nice cafe at the top, reasonable price, lift for buggies.
    I jnow my little one loved it although some of the models can be a bit scary for some kids.
    The dead zoo is a good place to go too :-).
    Art museum is pretty kid friendly too I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭short

Thanks all for the replies, I'm thinking more though around city centre Dame st, Henry St, Grafton St anywhere near these or on the Luas Line. The Christchurch/ Dublinia thing sounds interesting and is in the area. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

The It's a bagel in the basement of the Irish Musuem of Modern Art has a children's play area. It's only a short walk to the Luas at Heuston.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lunablau

yellow hen wrote: »
    Not city centre but there's a play centre at dundrum town centre and another really good one in rathfarnham village.

Would you mind telling me where exactly in Dundrum & Rathfarnham? Looking for something in the South.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

They are both on the southside of Dublin.
    Dundrum is on the green luas line and 48A bus route.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

lunablau wrote: »
    Would you mind telling me where exactly in Dundrum & Rathfarnham? Looking for something in the South.

There's a nice place in Rathfarnham near Marlay park called Fraggles. They're only for ages up to 5, I think older kids are allowed but not much there for them. It's great when you have smaller kids because sometimes the playcentres can be a bit crazy for younger ones. Nice little cafe area too.
    I don't think they open weekends but maybe double check that!

Apparently the place in Rathfarnham village itself is nice too but never been.
    Funky Monkey is in dundrum town centre (the big shooing centre), but it's a bit mad there, esp at weekends so I avoid it if I can!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lunablau

Thanks 😄.
    I've been to Funky Monkeys (not a big fan) & Fraggles, but never to the one in Rathfarnham. I will check it out and let you know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Kids pace is Rathfarnham village is very nice. I've never been there at the weekend so I don't know how busy it gets then.

You should try Panda Play Cafe. There is one in Ballsbridge and Terenure. I spose it really depends how old your children are... But I find funky monkeys way too mental. I only go there if my husband is there to run after my 2.5 yo. Fraggles is ok... I was only there once. And kids space in rathfarnham wasn't great... But that's only my thoughts as it had one if of those big soft jungle gym things which at the time my guy was too young for as there were older kids on it and my guy would've got hurt. And my guy (2 at the time) was going mental trying to go on it (exorcist style) but I had my one year old to mind. So I just found it a bit of a stress fest. Panda is pretty chilled and nice for kids 5ish and under.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

I should have said that my guy is 4.75 and in junior infants. I can see how kid space would be too much for a smaller kid, particularly if it was busy.

I should have said that my guy is 4.75 and in junior infants. I can see how kid space would be too much for a smaller kid, particularly if it was busy.

I'll defo bring T there when he's that age! I can let him go around on his own then and he will think he's in heaven! :D

Advertisement