Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyre Sq. - Gleann Na Rí, walking distance?

Options
  • 27-08-2015 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Pls how many minutes walk from Gleann Na Ri, is to the Eyre Square?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Pls google.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,686 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Google maps says 4.4km, taking 54 minutes.

It's considerably quicker if you walk the "line" across by the railway track - but not recommended at night, or alone if you're at all vulnerable-looking. (I'm gutsy, and still wouldn't do it alone in daylight. Have done it a few times with two of us together).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I used to do GMIT to Eyre Square in 25 so add another ten or so for Gleann na Ri. Its on the 409 route though so thats also far quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Paulvanat

Thanks for your replys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭jugger

RHJ wrote: »
    I have just moved to Galway, so please forgive me for asking this, but what's so dangerous about walking across the footpath on the railway bridge. Is it really that dangerous and should I avoid it at all costs. In the evening and at night?

A girl was murdered there a couple of years back very sad story
    Also some unsavory types do hang around and use it with it been so long with no access apart from either end it's a magnet for those with bad intentions

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

jugger wrote: »
    A girl was murdered there a couple of years back very sad story

For clarity, that happened near the line, not on the line. Almost 8 years ago now.
    with it been so long with no access apart from either end

This is the thing to be mindful of. I'd walk it during the day the odd time, but once you're on the path there's no way out except at either end. But any time I've walked it it's been uneventful, and in reality it's still quite safe during the day. Wouldn't dream of it at night, but that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭jugger

For clarity, that happened near the line, not on the line. Almost 8 years ago

Your probably right Not something i want to argue over really

To the op galway really is a great and fairly safe for a city hope you have a great time there

Advertisement