Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would I be able to go to cork after this PLC course?

Options
  • 27-08-2015 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Today I had my interview for this PLC course: w.w.w.kerryfe.ie/index.php/plc-courses/business-computing-secretarial-services/multimedia-graphic-design/
    And I am just trying to make sure If after this course I would be able to get into w.w.w.cit.ie/course/CR112?
    Also, I am supposed to get a phone call today/tomorrow notifying me if i got a place for the PLC course.. does anyone know how big is the competition for this course? What will i do if i wont get in? Can I try next year?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,152 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

According to careersportal, yes, but I'd say you'd be needing the full 8 distinctions. CIT are the ones to check with to make sure they accept a FETAC/PLC route into that course.

If they do have a FETAC entry, do you have LC Maths?

If not, you will need one of the following: C20174, C20139, 5N1833, C20175

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Iwantmoney

I got a D2 at my leaving cert maths (Ordinary level)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,152 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You're good to go so, if you get on OK in the PLC. Contact Cork and see how many places are on that course for FETAC entrants. You don't want to be scrabbling with lots of others for only a couple of places.

Advertisement