Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADCC - 2015

Options
  • 27-08-2015 3:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 39,028 ✭✭✭✭

So this kicks off this weekend. I can't wait, such ridiculous talented lineup.

A full list of competitors here.

Here's are my stand outs in each division.

Male -66 kg
    Rubens Charles "Cobrinha" - Brazil
    Geo Martinez - USA
    Eddie Cummings - USA
    Augusto Mendes “Tanquinho” - Brazil
    Justin Rader - USA

Male -77 kg
    Garry Tonon - USA
    Otavio Sousa - Brazil
    Ben Henderson - USA
    Milton Vieira - Brazil

Male -88 kg
    Romulo Barral - Brazil
    Keenan Cornelius - USA
    Pablo Popovich - USA
    Rafael Lovato Jr. - USA

Male -99 kg
    Alexandre Ribeiro - Brazil
    Hector Lombard - USA
    Felipe Pena - Brazil
    Rodolfo Vieira - Brazil

Male +99 kg
    Dean Lister - USA
    Vinny Magalhaes - Brazil
    Jeff Monson - USA
    Bernardo Faria - Brazil

Female -60 kg
    Michelle Nicolini - Brazil
    Mackenzie Dern - USA

Female +60kg will probably be the Gabi Garcia show.

ADCC Stars Superfight
    Mario Sperry (Brazil) vs. Ricardo Liborio (Brazil)

ADCC Main Superfight
    Andre Galvão (Brazil) vs. Roberto "Cyborg" Abreu (Brazil)

I think I'm most interested in the 66kg division overall.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭cletus

I was going to say that both the 77 and 88 kg looked really interesting as well, but **** it, it's just a stupidly stacked competition all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,028 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

cletus wrote: »
    I was going to say that both the 77 and 88 kg looked really interesting as well, but **** it, it's just a stupidly stacked competition all round.
    Then you look at 99kg where Limbard and Pena both got popped for steroids recently in with the other beasts.
    Then the big boys, Lister, Vinny, Faria.

Nicolini and Dern final should be interesting too.

Mellor wrote: »
    Then you look at 99kg where Limbard and Pena both got popped for steroids recently in with the other beasts.
    Then the big boys, Lister, Vinny, Faria.

Nicolini and Dern final should be interesting too.

Looking forward to Lombard, and I can't wait to see Gabi wreck all around her.

Jeff Glover is always fun to watch as week

I really want to see Eddie Cummings take the 66kg title. If it were sub only, I'd back him 100%. All wins my sub in trials, most within seconds. Same as EBI, 4 matches, 4 heelhooks.
    I think stuff like that is starting to charge the IBJJF forced opinion in leg attacks.

Gabi gonna Gabi.

Jeff Monson is out.

What do you make of the Sperry Liborio super fight?

Also, any idea what happened to Monson?

• Advertisement

I think I want Sperry to take that one. By chance I happened to watch this Sperry random sayings highlight clip today. He's clearly a lunatic, gets mt vote.

No idea about Monson. Probably hurt himself in lead up.
    It's crazy to think that Gunni beat Monson in 2009 in the absolutes. Then lost to Xandre Ribeiro and Vinny Malgalhes. All of whom are way bigger.

Justin Rader out. shįt

Lots of great moments for me, but this one stole the show.
    Ramos v Lepri (77kg Final)
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1181731965176027

I can see guys all over the world trying to copy that at the gym this week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

Mellor wrote: »
    I can see guys all over the world trying to copy that at the gym this week

And I can see insurance premiums going up if this happens.

Also, what was going on in Glover vs. Martinez? All this mess-acting with double donkey guards, then Glover doesn't appear to be able to finish a triangle and gets pretty much knocked out after Martinez gives him about three opportunities to let go before he spikes him.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

Anyone know where I can watch the super fight that was galvao an cyborg.. Cant find it anywhere

• Advertisement

And I can see insurance premiums going up if this happens.
    Yeah, i was trying to imply trying and failing. I wrote "...can see white belts trying..." first. But change it was I thought it was unfair. I know the first clown who'll try it at my gym...me.
    Also, what was going on in Glover vs. Martinez? All this mess-acting with double donkey guards, then Glover doesn't appear to be able to finish a triangle and gets pretty much knocked out after Martinez gives him about three opportunities to let go before he spikes him.
    Glover looks like he's taking the piss with Donkey guard but it's more of a tactical move imo. It puts people in an unfamiliar unorthodox position, but one what he is familiar with. I think Geo was just nullifying it a bit with the double pull.

I don't think Jeff forgot how to finish. I think Geo defended quite well by forcing Jeff to stay on his right hip, and preventing his hip angling to get the finish. As for the slam, Jeffs has been around the block, he could of bailed but he took the risk. There was a slam or two previous to that, where he took the slam and kept it locked up. I'm guessing he felt he could hold on.

Advertisement