Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 help

Options
  • 26-08-2015 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi. I'm planning on buying the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 with the intention of getting it unlocked so I can put my Three sim card in it. However, it seems to be sold out online. I've managed to find it on Amazon for the same price but it's locked to Vodafone Uk. Would this make a difference when it comes to getting the phone unlocked? Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

mexicola17 wrote: »
    Hi. I'm planning on buying the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 with the intention of getting it unlocked so I can put my Three sim card in it. However, it seems to be sold out online. I've managed to find it on Amazon for the same price but it's locked to Vodafone Uk. Would this make a difference when it comes to getting the phone unlocked? Any help would be appreciated.

No it would not.

Just wait for stock to come into a local store, seemingly they are getting lots of stock all the time, and the pressure is easing off. If you hold out you could have one by the weekend, rather than next week if you order from amazon.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Yeah, confirmed that a UK one can be unlocked. My son got one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mexicola17

No it would not.

Just wait for stock to come into a local store, seemingly they are getting lots of stock all the time, and the pressure is easing off. If you hold out you could have one by the weekend, rather than next week if you order from amazon.

I think they may have one in my local Vodafone shop. Would I be able to go in and buy one without having to go onto Vodafone?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

mexicola17 wrote: »
    I think they may have one in my local Vodafone shop. Would I be able to go in and buy one without having to go onto Vodafone?

Yeah. "Give me a smart ultra 6 with a new number please"

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Yeah. "Give me a smart ultra 6 with a new number please"

I didn't even have to get a new sim. I told the guy I was going to unlock it so he just gave me the phone, no sim. He probably wasn't bothered with the extra work involved in registering the sim on the system but it is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭thatsmyboy

Hi folks I bought one this morning . I'm on a bill pay with 02 so can anyone recommend a site where I can buy an unlocking code. The girl in the shop was on about me having to top up with Vodafone a few times before I unlock. I think she is talking rubbish.... is she

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

All the info you need in this thread, see first post for unlocking link.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057457335

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭slattsteen

im on 48 go conquer' re sized my inserted it and now its stuck! any ideas how to remove?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

slattsteen wrote: »
    im on 48 go conquer' re sized my inserted it and now its stuck! any ideas how to remove?

Tweezers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

If you buy the UK one, just make sure you specify Vodafone UK as the network when requesting the unlock code.

Advertisement