Advertisement
Where is Report Post on mobile? We've made a slight change, see here
Have your say on the future of the 'Save Draft' feature in this poll
MODs please see this information notice in the mod's forum. Thanks!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

Has the cinema in Monaghan closed?

• 26-08-2015 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭ quad_red

Walking past the cinema in the Diamond the last day and I saw it closed.

Just checked the net there and can't find any mention of a new cinema anywhere. I heard someone say before that one might open in the retail park that has Argos.

Did that ever happen?
    Tagged:

Comments

• quad_red wrote: »
    Walking past the cinema in the Diamond the last day and I saw it closed.

Just checked the net there and can't find any mention of a new cinema anywhere. I heard someone say before that one might open in the retail park that has Argos.

Did that ever happen?

Cinema has been closed for around 18 months. Nearest one is probably Cavan, Armagh or Dundalk. There were a lot of rumours about it re-opening but haven't heard anything about it in a while!

• yes,it closed because it was sh.ite and no one was going to it

• KingMonkey wrote: »
    yes,it closed because it was sh.ite and no one was going to it

It was *so* technically bad. Went to see a movie a few years ago and had to go out to the ushers three times because the film went out of focus/became offset on the screen. Each time for 2/3 mins. I think it was some crap comedy so I wasn't too pushed but if I'd been really pulled into the film I would've been raging.

And another time I saw a lady with a bag taking sweets off kids that hadn't been bought there. Unbelievable!!

• quad_red wrote: »
    And another time I saw a lady with a bag taking sweets off kids that hadn't been bought there. Unbelievable!!

The adrenaline rush of sneaking the bag of peanut M&Ms in under your jacket was always sweeter than the M&Ms themselves.

Place was a travesty. No cinema experience at all. Though I'll never forget seeing Jurassic Park there.

Advertisement