Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying Tablet Notifications on Startup

Options
  • 26-08-2015 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Couldn't find a solution for this online so just wondering if anyone can help here.
    I have a Galaxy tablet and whenever I switch it on it's really slow for a few minutes while a load of notifications for all my apps appear, the thing is I have already acknowledged or seen these notifications on my phone or PC so I don't understand why all the old notifications appear on my tablet, the longer I leave it switched off the more notifications appear on startup. I know I could turn the internet off to stop the notifications but I don't understand why it doesn't work like a phone in that if I acknowledge a notification on my PC then it doesn't appear on the phone. There is an option to disable notifications but this doesn't seem to do anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭iMac Hunt

Still having this problem, would love if someone has figured how to fix this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

Happens me too. Don't think there's a way to stop it.
    I just let it go crazy for a minute then press the button to clear all notifications.
    You can turn off notifications for particular apps if you wanted to but it will block all notifications for that app.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

not familiar with the issue myself but would it make sense to use a startup app which disables these apps from starting up, so for example instead of loading your facebook app at the start and getting all the notifications, you will get none until you chose to open the facebook app

Advertisement