Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fees.. First year

Options
  • 26-08-2015 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

So like most people I am eligible for free fees (€3000 contribution) but when I log into my.tcd and look at 'my finances' it's telling me I also have to pay €4332 in tuition fees making my overall balance due €7332.. Surely this can't be right.
    Anyone else having the same problem? It doesn't seem to give me any option to just pay the €3000...Getting a little worried..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 k88

I don't know why I can't type a euro sign.. It comes up all weird (on mobile any way..)
    Any help would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 uwotm8Mick

Yep same issue for me :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

It should fix itself soon, same thing happened last year. If not get into Academic Registry and they'll sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 uwotm8Mick

A friend and I e-mailed AR there, they seem to have cleared it up. Here are the two e-mails they sent:

"Thank you for your email. Your fee breakdown includes the overall fees of your course - whether the tuition fee is paid by you or by the Free Fees Initiative is determined during your registration. Once registration is open you can then declare eligibility which will waive the tuition portion. In advance of registration you can make a prepayment for all elements you believe you are liable for."

"Hello,
    New entrant CAO applicants will be invited to register from 31 August on the my.tcd.ie portal. At this point you will be able to answer questions to declare yourself if you are an EU student eligible for the Free Fees Initiative, after which time your bill will be recalculated."

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LeapOfFaith

Does anyone know how much a student has to pay if they are eligible for SUSI but have already finished one year in college and now wants to move to the 1st year of another course (both level 8)???

Is it the full tuition fees, student contribution, etc. Or just the student contribution if you are an Irish candidate? ?

Also, does anyone know if SUSI/ any other educational or government body or even the college itself, will offer any financial assistance to help cover some of the costs??

Really struggling here, would appreciate some advice.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

You don't qualify for SUSI support if you're doing first year for a second time. You're liable for the full tuition fees for that year yourself. You can receive SUSI support from second year onwards then.

Advertisement