Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More new chargers

Options
  • 25-08-2015 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭

So Clonshaugh is still not up... it's painted and stickered but according to a contact in Topaz the cable laid for the charger when the place was being built was insufficient.
    Apparently ESB might also be looking at some upgrades at the substation too. Clonshaugh will still probably be the first of the three remaining RCN chargers to be commissioned.

Anyway.... new info today in one of BMWs mailings.

New triple head rapid chargers installed but not commissioned in:

Supervalu (former Superquinn), Lucan
    Somewhere opposite Galway Airport

New rapid charger installed soon at Tesco in Kinnegad (just off the M4/M6 junction)

Also a location on the charger in Bandon: Great Gas Service Station

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Oh that's fab on Bandon. Clonakilty was too risky for me without a spot at bandon.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭mr.dunkey

More triples welcome, great stuff
    Some locations need to be taught out more to prevent easy ICEing

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Not only ICEing we've to worry about; seems HOGGING is also on the increase. Pulled into Tesco Bray today for a quick 10min top up but a fellow Leafer was already charging - obviously not a problem.

There was no display of "current charge" on the FCP so couldn't tell how far gone they were. Third LED was flashing so guessed they were far enough to let me have 10mins. Problem was that (I think) they'd locked the charger so I couldn't remove it. Waited for 20mins but no sign. Even tried ChargeBump but no joy.

Proceeded on to Glenageary FCP where the engineer fixing the FCP said that only at 100% could you unplug someone else... I thought it was at 80%?

Anyway, my point: Please put a mobile contact number on your dash if leaving your car at a FCP... Pretty please...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Which charger was he fixing at Glenageary? The SGTE or the triple-head efacec?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

He was operating on the whole unit when I was there... or at least he was standing beside the unit with the door open (to be exact)...

• Advertisement

Anyway, my point: Please put a mobile contact number on your dash if leaving your car at a FCP... Pretty please...

Yes I do this now at Naas, I leave my number on the dash or a "you can plug me out" on the other side of the note. :D

I have to say maybe all the fuss I made and talking to people at the Naas QC might have made a difference because I have escaped waiting for about 2 weeks now so maybe the message is sinking in and I know I have not been to popular with some people in Naas but I'm just trying to make people realise the importance of that charger to those who actually need it. I have absolutely no objection to anyone using it for free electricity when no one needs to use it or at least have the decency to let someone in to charge then plug in again when they're gone.

You can't unplug anyone until the charger time outs after 59 mins unless they have an original Leaf because it doesn't lock the plug in the car.

On the current leaf if the lock is set to Auto or Lock the plug can't be removed. I don't know if it's set to lock if it can be removed when the charger is finished.

Anyway the point I'm making is that if you leave the car and have a note with your number make sure the lock is set to off. On the new triple headed units you need the access card before you can turn off the charger and I am sure you'll need it for the older units too when the ESB start to charge next year. So there really won;t be a way to plug someone out unless you hit the emergency button ( or they set the lock to off) and I don't know if you need to call an engineer if that's pressed ? could cause a fault to register and might not be a good idea. Probably not good to unplug in the middle of a charge either ?

Advertisement