Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative Career

Options
  • 25-08-2015 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi There,

I'm a part qualified accountant and I'm starting to question my career choice.

I've 2 years practical experience in a medium size practise under my belt and I'm on my p papers.

However I have started to loose interest in my job and find the poor salary laughable.

I've little interest in studying anymore, I'm not sailing through my exams either.

I feel like I've wasted my 20s on something that doesn't suit me.

I have 2 options:

Keep going and pass all my accas, and what then? Keep going or move career.

or

Quit now and change career? Maybe Financial Services?

Im just unsure what to do , any advice?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

My advice is keep going with the exams you won't regret having the qualification. Try moving into an part qualified industry role, it might be the world of practice that's boring you.

Industry pays better and it's a more challenging role but some people find it more exciting than practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭KlausFlouride

Keep at it and finish the exams. The exams are a soul destroying experience for everyone as they leave you with no time & you end up worrying about them constantly.

But you will complete them soon, and you have solid experience to go with it.

Think about what you want to do then, don't rush into anything now while the exams are frying your head. Job opportunities are picking up and there will be more interesting (and better paid) options for you very soon.

Advertisement