Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An enquiry

Options
  • 25-08-2015 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,I have a question that is it possible that an individual as a self employed or a company can register on back date.
    Will be happy for the responses.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

aawm wrote: »
    Hi,I have a question that is it possible that an individual as a self employed or a company can register on back date.
    Will be happy for the responses.

It is advisable to register for income tax as soon as you begin trading, although the registration can be backdated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aawm

Thanks Loughc for the reply.
    Can u plz tell me that how many months or years is it possible to register backdated??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

aawm wrote: »
    Thanks Loughc for the reply.
    Can u plz tell me that how many months or years is it possible to register backdated??

I'm not entirely sure but I'd imagine it'd be months not years.

Years would result in penalties and interest on all income tax returns not submitted.

It's best to give your local tax office a call.

Advertisement