Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Susi grant

Options
  • 25-08-2015 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

If I was to start a 2 year course in hairdressing in a further education college and after a year re applied to the cao for a level 6/7 course in an IT would I still be entitled to a grant or would I lose it because I did not complete the course?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Dunne18 wrote: »
    If I was to start a 2 year course in hairdressing in a further education college and after a year re applied to the cao for a level 6/7 course in an IT would I still be entitled to a grant or would I lose it because I did not complete the course?

Yes, you may be eligible for funding as long as you progress to undergraduate studies.

If you want to do the hairdressing, pick a hairdressing course that gives a level 5 after year one and level 6 after year two. This way you would have completed the year one if you go to the IT course with no penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question but here goes..

I just submitted my SUSI application and I was wondering how long it will take until I hear back from then. My brother had major problems with them last year but I hear they've improved a lot this year.

I don't know if this makes a difference but I'm going back to education, would that help or hinder my case? Cheers in advance...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dunne18

GerB40 wrote: »

I just submitted my SUSI application and I was wondering how long it will take until I hear back from then. My brother had major problems with them last year but I hear they've improved a lot this year.

I don't know if this makes a difference but I'm going back to education, would that help or hinder my case? Cheers in advance...

When I first sent in my application when it opened it was 3/4 weeks before I heard then they requested different forms and stuff. The last stage of my application has being processing since the 24th of August. The earlier you get in each request the quicker it will be 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

GerB40 wrote: »

If you are returning to education it depends on your previous course attendance and level compared to what you are attending now. So yes, it is going to affect your application.

Advertisement