Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie, few questions :)

Options
  • 25-08-2015 1:44pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking at getting into Archery, show a bow well over 10 years ago at this stage and enjoyed it. I know that you all recommend a beginners class so question 1: Is there anywhere around the portlaoise area for a beginners class?

Question 2: http://www.wildhunter.eu/index.php?route=product/product&path=72_168&product_id=63 would this be a good entry bow?

All answers on a postcard please :P

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

For clubs, check here. Those are Archery Ireland clubs, there's also SIFA and IFAF clubs about. Don't buy anything until after your beginners course.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

greysides wrote: »
    For clubs, check here. Those are Archery Ireland clubs, there's also SIFA and IFAF clubs about. Don't buy anything until after your beginners course.

Thanks, am trying to find a club as close as possible and Athy seems to be the closest on that list.

Whats the Difference between the 3 different types of clubs?

Yeah im looking at Beginners course first then pick up a bow :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

I'm not sure of the geography, are you near Athy or Mullingar?

The three names are organisations which have clubs under them, rather than clubs themselves.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

greysides wrote: »
    I'm not sure of the geography, are you near Athy or Mullingar?

The three names are organisations which have clubs under them, rather than clubs themselves.

Well Athy seems to be the closest and I work in Mullingar (About half an hours drive from home aswell). I will probably head up to Athy tho as times would probably suit better.

Advertisement