Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oppo R5s (promotional offer 199e)

Options
  • 25-08-2015 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

offering the OPPO R5s at a special price 199
    This premium smartphone is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 615 processor and 3GB of RAM to make multitasking a breeze. The 32GB storage space is plenty enough for all your favorite applications and games.

https://europe.oppostyle.com/r5s-grey/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

bert911 wrote: »
    offering the OPPO R5s at a special price 199
    This premium smartphone is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 615 processor and 3GB of RAM to make multitasking a breeze. The 32GB storage space is plenty enough for all your favorite applications and games.

https://europe.oppostyle.com/r5s-grey/

4G will be limited to Band 3 (1800Mhz) in Ireland - no support for 800 or 900 MHz frequencies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

4G will be limited to Band 3 (1800Mhz) in Ireland - no support for 800 or 900 MHz frequencies

I just bought one, didn't realise this. Do Ireland mobile telcos broadcast at 1800mhz?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

00sully wrote: »
    I just bought one, didn't realise this. Do Ireland mobile telcos broadcast at 1800mhz?

They do but they are also rolling out on 800 or 900 MHz in certain areas too

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭bert911

Make a good "iPod touch alternative" for the price alone

Make a good "iPod touch alternative" for the price alone

makes a nice backup phone for the price! or an "out" phone since it's 4.8mm :eek:

• Advertisement

00sully wrote:
    makes a nice backup phone for the price! or an "out" phone since it's 4.8mm

What networks work with this oppo

What networks work with this oppo

all networks, I think pizzahead was making the point that future roll-outs of 4g will use different frequencies thus 4g will not work in those areas. I think most of Dublin must be 4g 1800mhz.

I'm sure this phone "works" with all operators though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

nice phone.
    Was thinking of upgrading my one plus one to an oppo phone.
    Would this be an upgrade or is it similar spec?
    Cheers.

Any suggestions for a good oppo phone that would be better spec than one plus one and one plus 2?

Thanks.

sham69 wrote:
    nice phone. Was thinking of upgrading my one plus one to an oppo phone. Would this be an upgrade or is it similar spec? Cheers.

Cons of this oppo: No head phone jack (comes with a micro to jack adopter)
    Battery life is not great (2000mAh)
    Color OS

Pros: world Thinnest phone (4.85mm
    5.2 inch 1080p Amoled screen
    Fast charge (30mins charge =75%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

thanks so much...

Pity about the cons :)

Might wait for the r7 plus.
    don't fancy the one plus 2 for some reason...

• Advertisement

Cons of this oppo: No head phone jack (comes with a micro to jack adopter)
    Battery life is not great (2000mAh)
    Color OS

Pros: world Thinnest phone (4.85mm
    5.2 inch 1080p Amoled screen
    Fast charge (30mins charge =75%

I can confirm the fast charge works as advertised :D beautiful phone too. I am so used to Amoled that it is my default screen of choice now so this is a perfect "out" phone :) really happy with it especially for €200 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Lower frequencies give increased range, so the low bands may be important if you're rural. When in urban areas 1800 and 2100 should do you fine.

ED E wrote: »
    Lower frequencies give increased range, so the low bands may be important if you're rural. When in urban areas 1800 and 2100 should do you fine.

good to know thanks :) this should be ok for me 99% of the time so :)

Can you install cyanogen lollipop on it

00sully wrote:
    I can confirm the fast charge works as advertised beautiful phone too. I am so used to Amoled that it is my default screen of choice now so this is a perfect "out" phone really happy with it especially for €200

Its out of stock now ,you have it already ,That was fast delivery ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

00sully wrote: »
    I can confirm the fast charge works as advertised :D beautiful phone too. I am so used to Amoled that it is my default screen of choice now so this is a perfect "out" phone :) really happy with it especially for €200 :pac:

30 mins for 75%? :eek:

Did you buy it from https://europe.oppostyle.com/r5s-grey/ or somewhere else?

Edit: the R7 Plus looks incredible. I want it!

Its out of stock now ,you have it already ,That was fast delivery ..

very :) dhl express from London free. price is over €400 now too and out of stock. I think I got lucky :)

yes direct from https://europe.oppostyle.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭corpo3030

I bought this from Oppostyle on eBay. Great phone for the money, very clear call quality. The screen is outstanding!

corpo3030 wrote:
    I bought this from Oppostyle on eBay. Great phone for the money, very clear call quality. The screen is outstanding!

Sorry I didn't order one now , just watched an unboxing comes with case & head phones too, and the black grey colour is nice , only thing put me of was Color OS

Advertisement