Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo cover up opinions.

Options
  • 25-08-2015 12:05am

Hey all.

I got the tricolour in my forearm when I was younger and am regretting it as of late. Does anyone know if its possible to get a coloured tattoo covered up with a different tattoo. It's a fairly big enough tattoo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

It really does depend on the tattoo you have! your best bet is to go and see a tattoo artist and they would be able to advise.

Could be a lot of factors, the size of the tattoo, is it still very prominent and colour saturated, The colour palette for cover up could be limited, may have to go black and grey, you may need a few removal sessions before covering etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Hey all.

I got the tricolour in my forearm when I was younger and am regretting it as of late. Does anyone know if its possible to get a coloured tattoo covered up with a different tattoo. It's a fairly big enough tattoo.

I had 4 old Johnny Eagle tattoos , 2 on both arms, I got around 1980-81.... had about 6 laser sessions before I got 2 full sleeves - to be honest, the laser was a waste of money, not that it didn't work (it got rid of most the outline) but you are never getting rid of green or orange completely. My advice (and it sounds like we had similar circumstances) is choose a tattoo artist and get him to do a design over the old tattoos.

Advertisement