Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Foreign Legion

Options
  • 24-08-2015 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

So - what is it like? Has anyone served in it? Or does anyone know anyone who has served in it?

What sort of people do they take?

I read a book on the Legion (Hidden Soldier) and have been reading a great blog by an Irish Legionnaire (Banks to Battlefields).

It seems fascinating. Would it have one of the world's toughest basic training?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sean2591

Would be interested to hear from anybody about this too - has fascinated me for years.

It seems so full on and would mean a total change in your life and cutting links with home and family and friends.

Would consider it in a couple of years. Applying for the Irish Army now but not sure if I will get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

@OP - do a search in the search function - this subject has been covered countless times in the recent past - even has a number of posters who really have served in the FFL.

tac

Advertisement