Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help HTC ONE M8 black listed

Options
  • 24-08-2015 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

I picked up a cheap HTC M8 from a lad who was "emigrating" bought it from a well known site based in ireland. seller seemed legit had what i thaught was genuine reason for quick sale. now turns out its IMEI blocked blacklisted. not sure if that means its stolen or bill wasnt paid.

Not answering any emails etc. Is there anything that can be done with this or did i just blow 200 euro on a nice paper weight?:mad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Let me guess, Adverts?

Unfortunately, there's nothing that can be done. Report it to the Gardai if you wish but nothing will come of it I imagine.

Unless you can get the Gardai to get the details of who blacklisted the phone from Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

vibes23 wrote: »
    I picked up a cheap HTC M8 from a lad who was "emigrating" bought it from a well known site based in ireland. seller seemed legit had what i thaught was genuine reason for quick sale. now turns out its IMEI blocked blacklisted. not sure if that means its stolen or bill wasnt paid.

Not answering any emails etc. Is there anything that can be done with this or did i just blow 200 euro on a nice paper weight?:mad

Sell it on Adverts.ie but put it up as blacklisted. People will buy them for parts, to use in another country or to whitelist and sell them on. This way you get some of your money back. I would say you would be looking 140-180e.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭vibes23

Cheers. I have 1 myself this was for someone else. Might just keep it for parts.

Advertisement